Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anything for 'normal hiking' segments with the ski boots?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

I planning some tours in my local mountains. The snow starts higher than the parking lot area and so we need to hike up for about 2 km before getting our skis. Not really keen on doing that with the alpine boots because;

a) Although they have a hike mode and I can unstrap the upper buckles, the sole is still flat and uncomfortable to walk on.
b) Sounds like the perfect recipe for wearing out the soles, which also requires to check the height of the AFDs on the bindings more often.

I also would like to spare the need of taking an extra pair of shoes.

Is there any kind of overboot intended for this or anything to attach to the soles that anyone recommends? Also DIY setups would be welcome.

Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You could try something like these https://www.sailandski.co.uk/ski-c45/equipment-c46/ski-boot-accessories-c49/sidas-ski-boot-traction-grips-19-20-p1453/s5749?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=sidas-ski-boot-traction-grips-19-20-fvl001&utm_campaign=product%2Blisting%2Bads&gclid=CjwKCAiA4Y7yBRB8EiwADV1haaUCWE6EolhxPVdxVSE79XymCsxgl9cZV8UD6p-EuySIqaV1SiHHxBoCyaoQAvD_BwE

I've personally not tried them but they seem a good idea
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Personally I'd take a pair of trainers or hire touring boots
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just seen the 2km walk... I'd take trainers
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy