Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Blizzard FIS SL 165cm

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey,

There's been a few recommendations for full spec FIS SL skis on here for strong skiers after a piste performance ski and now I want one!

There's what appears to be a 2016 Blizzard model in medium condition become available for 100e and I'm wondering if there is any reason why I shouldn't purchase it immediately. It's my birthday this month so it would fill a nice gap from the GF there Smile

I'm usually a predominantly off-piste/touring skier but with conditions being as they are, a piste ski is becoming more and more attractive.

Do I need to test one first or just suck it up and get it. I'm an 80kg pretty strong, aggressive skier on piste and like to charge rather than pootle.

Merci Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sounds like a bargain if they're in good nick.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No reason not to, such skis are practically the same from brand to brand. That said it's not a charger, these things turn fast, move unto GS or SuperG and catch kids in your teeth. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jump in and learn what rebound is. Be aware that boring piste rouns become a lot of fun but also you end up doing 3 times as many turns so are more knackered.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'd just buy them. I paid 100 quid for 2011 skis in good condition and they have been a steal.

Makes piste skiing a LOAD of fun (and of course excellent technical practice).

Quote:

No reason not to, such skis are practically the same from brand to brand.

I guessed this was the case but have no experience to proved this. Good to know.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
my favourite SL skis where a pair of Blizzards from about 6 to 8 years ago, really lively
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Jfdi
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy