Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Slalom Courses for tourists.

Poster: A snowHead
On my second trip, to Mayrhofen, there was a slalom course that plebs like me could have a go at.

What other resorts have slalom courses that visitors can use? (With a starting gate, and a time given)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Seem to remember one in Cortina.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Val D'Isere has a couple.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
There's a very short one here. Produces a video too.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There is one in Hinterglemm that we used during night skiing, no idea if it is open during the day. Be careful though; it videos you so you can watch yourself on the skiline website later, but the video makes you look way less graceful, speedy and aerodynamic than you thought you were! Did for me anyway......
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
There’s one of the short ones with time and video above Corvara as well. I think it’s just 10 gates. As @toyah807 says, they show how slow you really are.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Salen in Sweden had quite a few of these either timers on. My daughter loved doing these when we went
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Pretty much every ski area has one here, you can even download your own video on the Skiline website. Zauchensee even has a small parallel slalom for you to race your friends.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
La Plagne have one. Just by Aime 2000. It also records a skiline video.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
In resorts where there is ESF, they have a weekly Fleche (GS) and a Chamois (Slalom) open to all.
Just go into the ESF office to sign up.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Would have thought most resorts have one

Sella Ronda area has several. One somewhere in the Corvara/SanCassiano area, one at Canazei (4X too), one at Campitello, one on the way out to Santa Croce and back,...

Some are just timed, some have video, some have electronic cheering as you cross the line, some are free, some cost a €1, several are actually parallel slalom so you can go 2 up with a friend, wipe out slide in to the next lane and take them out too
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've seen them all over alpine resorts; most recently, a giant slalom-style course at Saas Fee.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Based on what I see when traveling around, I would say list would be way shorter if question would be "which resort does NOT have it". I would say nowadays pretty much every single resort with more then 2 runs, has some sort of timed (and most of time filmed) "race" course set for public use.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
There used to be one in Val di Fassa in the area that links Pozza di Fass and Alba. Not sure if it's still there, haven't been for a few years.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Kaprun has one with video and your time uploaded to skiline.cc for posterity
and yes it looks a lot slower on the playback Smile
ski holidays
Most resorts have them, but they are not "Slalom" (which most tourists would not be able to get down), more like very easy GS.
ski holidays
Trysil has a little parallel slalom, fun for a bit of a competition. Smile
snow report
Trysil has (or had last time I was there) a timed slalom and a ski cross course to play on.
snow report
Had them and other wee challenges setup around La Clusaz when we were there a few years back
ski holidays
Fiss has a good 2 man one so you can race you mates
snow report
Years ago we went to Schladming the week of the night race. They had a short slalom course on the Planai set up for anybody to have a go on and their name and time got up on the big arena screen Very Happy Can't remember which day this was and I don't know if they still do it.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy