Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Insurance

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Whats the vote for the best insurance provider? I always consider GB Ski Club as presumably likely to be the best as they should know what they are doing (!?) but interested in thoughts. Particularly of any good/bad experiences. Only looking for on-piste insurance to cover emergency medical/evacuation as required and associated legal cover for any accident I (we) cause! - in Austria (Saalbach). Thanks R
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Suggest avoid Ski Club Insurance completely or anything that involves Travel Insurance Facilities After a broken ankle last year it took 2 calls in excess of 20mins to get through to the Emergency Assistance line. Failed to arrange assistance at airport. No response to follow up emails. It took intervention of Ski Club Contracts Manager to generate any kind of response. Sent money to wrong bank account (twice). That will do for starters but I could elaborate. They claim that they were busy. Not sure what they expected in the ski season.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I should add that SCGB were fine and helpful, it was the insurance people that I had difficulty with.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I should add that SCGB were fine and helpful, it was the insurance people that I had difficulty with.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
do a search on here. this comes up about three times a week. loads of good info in previous threads
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@riman8, we have MPI who come out as rather expensive but we do go for longer than 18/21 days etc and we are both now 70 and over.
MPI have dealt efficiently with claims we have made in recent years, one for a burglary at our chalet, one for a minor (didn’t feel very minor at the time) operation on an infected finger, and one for a cracked kneecap after falling down one stair.
None of them skiing.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@riman8, we currently rely on the Austrian Alpine Club insurance (which is included in membership), in conjunction with the E.H.I.C. scheme (days are numbered due to Brexit). However we are happy to self-insure for risks not covered, such as cancellation and curtailment, loss/damage to possessions, etc.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
AACUK for rescue cover with no silly rules about where you are (well as long as it isn't the poles or on top of a few of the highest mountains in the world) when you get in trouble. Then Dogtag for once off the mountain, one of the few that wouldn't mind what antics the kids were up to in the park if they broke them self there!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy