Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Banff LL ski plan and pass advice.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I’m trying to understand the best passes for our needs. Can someone point me in the right direction to balance cost and not waste cash if we opt for skiing a few half days. We have about 10 ski days and staying 8 days in Banff and 2 Lake Louise (with days either end of the trip for jet lag and visit family.) Accommodations or Itinerary not yet finalised.

We are unfortunately getting older .... hubby’s knees are creaking and since 2008 , I’ve had a cruciate graft and 2 hip replacements , last hip surgery was just last year . My replaced bits are all holding up quite well actually and after my first hip I was compelled ( foolishly) to ski the Hahnenkamm
(so I’m not light on strength and bottle for an old girl..lol ) With all of that said we are accomplished skiers and still love at least a couple of days of full on skiing.

The reason for asking advice for a more chilled out ski now we won’t need passes aimed at 10 days hitting first lifts, ordered off the mountain at dusk, not to mention no more White out ski days for me ever ... ( wistful memories of some fab ski times)

Is it better to buy as we go?
What itinerary could suit ?
Is there a big 3 pass suitable?
We are driving from Calgary, is it better to park up and use buses in the two resort?
Is parking free at Lifts ?

Thanks in advance
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
58dje, Hi and welcome, buying as you go would be expensive, the big3 pass would cover the buses too, and probably the cheapest option for 10 days, and would cover you for Norquay too.

Parking is free at the ski areas, however more limited at Sunshine so you may have further to walk to the gondola only way up to the ski area. So you might be better on the bus. Well they are actually comfy coaches rather than your typical shuttle bus.

As you are hiring a car, don't forget your Park pass - required for staying/stopping anywhere in the National Park.

Have fun Banff is a great place to visit Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks,
yes we’re are hiring a car. And yes had forgotten park pass.
I’m guessing there are no % discounts on the big 3 passes? We are staying most of the trip at Rundlestone Lodge , is it worth checking out any stays and pass discounts ?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Go to https://www.skibig3.com/lift-tickets/

And select a 7 day (senior?) pass, for the first day you intend skiing. It'll be valid for 9 days inclusive.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The hotels will just charge you the same for the big3 pass, atm theres 20% sale on them from crosbie, link.
Just decide how many days you wish to ski of your trip, and the start date, you will usually get a time frame to use them all, so if you want a day off you can.

As the hotels part fund the buses to the ski areas they have already discounted them for you wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There was a really detailed thread about Banff a week or two ago.

You can get “7 days out of 9” passes to choose your rest days.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@58dje,

Have a read of this thread, it'll give you some ideas re lift passes

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=149301&highlight=
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It’s a little cheaper if you buy in advance from skibig3 a few weeks before. No cheaper from hotel. Mind you the tri-area pass does give a few discounts in Banff. Most expensive option is walk up each day at the resorts.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We've tried doing the daily commute from Banff to Sunshine both ways (i.e. driving the hire car, using the free coach). We came down narrowly on the side of taking the car. This was mainly to avoid waiting around for the bus or having to queue. The rest of the family loved leaving snacks, comfortable footwear and snacks in the car. We also left the skis in the car overnight, so much less faff. We usually did a quick food/beer shop on the way home too.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for the links and advice . I’m a
L over it now . 22 days and counting
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I ‘think’ the advance discount for SkiBig3 passes was 21 days....
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Orange200 wrote:
There was a really detailed thread about Banff a week or two ago.

Here it is, concentrates on Banff more from p2 onwards.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy