Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Carroz Private Lessons for Kids

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are taking our two kids skiing for the first time in the Easter holidays - ages 7 and 3 (but turning 4 in May and pretty switched on). We are staying in Les Carroz but wouldn't rule out instructors from other parts of the Grand Massif.

Wondering if there are any local instructors (schools or independent) who would look after them together? The ski schools will cater for them, either private or group, but not as a pair due to the age difference. I think private lessons will be the most efficient way for them both to progress.

www.montagneactivites.com has been mentioned a few times on here - anybody have any experience of sending kids up with them?

Thanks!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@apeman241, sorry, can't help with info on Montagne Activetes. But if you're prepared to drive up to Flaine, then Lynne Stainbrook would be ideal. He is a native English speaker, only does private lessons and takes mixed ages.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Www.montagneactivites.com

Very good experience with Fred on a number of occasions inc kids and adults lessons + guided off piste
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Good reports about private lessons with Jean-Francois of ESF Les Carroz teaching 4 year-old.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think at their current ages it is better for them to do group ski school as the 7 year old will be restricted by going at the 4 year olds pace. (my two are three years apart and am thinking back to when they were that age). My kids have used ESF in Les Carroz at Easter several times and always had good experiences and loved the ski area. The slopes in Les Carroz and Morillon are in my opinion better for young kids than those in Flaine. There are also some lovely hot chocolate stops such as chalet D'Clair in Morillon.

Maybe you could also book a few private lessons in the afternoon. I think my daughter liked Jean-Francois (mentioned above) but my kids' favourite instructor was Jean-Francois' brother Eric. (make sure you ask for the Eric related to Jean-Francois as I think there are two Erics).
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy