Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lyon to La Tania drive Dec 2020

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

We have found some pretty good flights to Lyon for December this year and have decided to hire a car to drive to La Tania instead of a transfer as we are out for two weeks and want a bit more flexibility when there.

We have booked a car with Enterprise at Lyon airport. Does anyone have any experience of hiring from them? We were wondering how easy it will be to hire snow chains from them when we arrive or if it is worth calling them in advance?

Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There will be chains in the boot, sealed in the box and you'll get charged if you use them. Otherwise you can pay a daily fee to hire them or pick up some cheap ones en route.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Did exactly the same last year. Easy. Simple. We didn’t pre-book chains. We bought some on route from Supermarket as cheaper. Needed them to get out on the return.

The only thing with Lyon is that the car hire is a short bus shuttle away. So you may want to go ahead whilst you leave the rest of your party to collect bags.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@laurenamy25, welcome to snowHeads snowHead
I hired from Enterprise at Lyon airport a couple of years ago. Also from their Bourg St Maurice office about 4 years ago.
Both times found staff helpful and a relatively straightforward deal. As usual, they try to interest you in extra CDW / Excess reduction insurance. If based in UK, far more cost effective to buy this separately.

As with all car rentals, take time to check small print before booking. Pay particular attention to payment cards required for damage guarantee....also charges for extras. Printed voucher usually mandatory if booked through agent.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@laurenamy25, if not too expensive to have winter tyres on a vehicle, I'd definitely go for that. Greatly reduces likelihood of having to use snow chains, though carrying those is still essential.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks everyone. When we booked (can’t think of the agent without looking) there was a snowflake symbol next to the car so fingers crossed it will have winter tyres. Will get in touch to double check I think.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@laurenamy25, sounds promising but worth checking agent’s website, Ts & Cs about winter tyres.

Also, on arrival at car hire office, I’d specifically ask if the car lined up for you has winter tyres fitted. It makes such a difference to driving the mountain roads.

If BIG snow has fallen or is forecast, well worth practising fitting snowchains to get the hang of them. A rehearsal on a nice safe flattish bit of ground can make it so much easier if you have to fit them on the side of a mountain road later.

BTW, although it’s a free shuttle bus ride to car rental at Lyon airport, it’s only 5 mins and still on the airport complex.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
laurenamy25 wrote:
Thanks everyone. When we booked (can’t think of the agent without looking) there was a snowflake symbol next to the car so fingers crossed it will have winter tyres. Will get in touch to double check I think.

did you book direct with enterprise or through an agent?
If the later, then you will find winter tyres are paid for when you sign & collect your car.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mr.Egg wrote:
laurenamy25 wrote:

did you book direct with enterprise or through an agent?
If the later, then you will find winter tyres are paid for when you sign & collect your car.

An agent - ok so we need to contact them/factor that in - thank you!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy