Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easter 2020 or wait until Jan 2021?!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I want to take my friend skiing (he's never been before). Due to work, he can only get Easter holidays availability this year, or alternatively wait until early Jan 2021! I've never skied at Easter before (single, no kids) and the idea of kids and families all over the pistes isn't appealing... nor are poor snow conditions! BUT I don't want to wait until 2021 to go! HELP - have I completely misjudged the first couple of weeks in April skiing? Any resort recommendations for reliable snow (France?) Should i just bite the bullet and wait until the first week of Jan?! I need your opinions guys - PLEASE and thank you!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Easter is a great time to ski. Pick a hill with plenty of north facing terrain over 2000 metres and you’re set.
If I had to choose for that time of year I’d pick Tignes/Val D.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Don't understand the question. Surely the answer is both?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Easter is a great time. Lots of good, high skiing in France at Easter and even later.

A beer or two on the hotel terrace in the late afternoon sun, while you reflect on a long day's skiing, is what it's about!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
For a first time skier, relaxing warm or hot sunny days with soft pisted to spring snow, versus cold, cloudy, wet and artificial to icy..? (In theory.) Sitting outside in the sun with a beer, resting those aching muscles and trying to remember what you're meant to be doing..?
Hmmm, know which would motivate me more.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Easter is fairly late this year but that doesn't mean the skiing isn't good. Choose a high French resort and you will have an excellent trip.
We have many excellent trips at that time of years.
However note that many UK tour operators such as crystal are not operating over the Easter holidays. You will have to organise the trip yourself.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Don't understand the question. Surely the answer is both?

This.

And another couple of trips before and in between if possible.

@liz88, I've skied the Espace Killy for the past 4 or 5 years late April (including Easter week) and it's never been very busy and always been awesome. Heading there this year 18th April. Can't wait.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@liz88, Easter was very late 2019 and yet we had stunning conditions in the Valais. Doing the small villages on the North facing side of the valley meant very consistent conditions late into the day. One day of total deep fresh, and no one about. Perfect. Lifties very social since coming to the end of the season and very relaxed. Long days - up early since it is nice and light, long afternoons after closing, sitting in the sun at bottom left level. Easter 2018, skiing at Grimentz all day, then crazy golf in the village in ski gear. Mad.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My guess is Easter will be crowded during the long Easter weekend but fine otherwise.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
What @Dave of the Marmottes, said!

The EosB is in VT after Easter every year. Although it can be a bit icy first thing and slushy low down in the afternoons, it's definitely not too late to be skiing.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It's the perfect time to take a first time skier. Get on with booking it..!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
so basically put my prejudices aside and go for Easter is the consensus?! thanks all
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
definitely - it is a great time to go.
While the obvious answer is to go to Tignes or VT etc (and nothing wrong with that) - I've skied the last 5 Easters in Les Contamines which is not that high and had good snow (even powder), empty pistes and generally excellent weather.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
liz88 wrote:
so basically put my prejudices aside and go for Easter is the consensus?! thanks all

Yep. Just chose a resort with high altitude skiing.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy