Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Old skool straight ski powder skiing!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ignore the first half if you like, but classic turns!

https://www.powder.com/videos/classic-descent-on-straight-skis/?fbclid=IwAR069SJ3_OG641U652z13hY_IeSW_PEjOI9wsh8bKfVOKabBQFbAY-3-X1M
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We were skiing powder on our Inferno skis (all > 203cms and only fractionally less straight than my old skool SLs) a couple of years ago. Highly amusing.

Given the on slope idiocy one observes esp. at the weekend, there ought be a test for a license allowing one to ski unaccompanied by a monitor, which would basically involve a free descent on unpisted snow on straight skis.

That would fix many things.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
some 29 years ago when i put skis on for the first time we were all skiing on straight skis... and to top that off, there was no piste preparation per say as there were no machines to do it (at least over here they didnt have them). At best we would place ourselves one in front of the other across the piste and climb sideways to make the snow slightly more manageable. Completely different ballgame to what's on offer these days...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Some of my favourite powder skis are basically straight (41m radius and 193cm long), with basically zero camber or rocker to speak of. Granted they're much wider than old skinny skis, but I think I'd rather ski powder on an old 203cm straight ski than a modern SL. Think, not sure, mind wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@clarky999, from personal experience, modern SL easier than old skool 203s wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
under a new name wrote:

Given the on slope idiocy one observes esp. at the weekend, there ought be a test for a license allowing one to ski unaccompanied by a monitor, which would basically involve a free descent on unpisted snow on straight skis.

That would fix many things.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Love it!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy