Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Menuires in April?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there, it’s about time I booked this year’s ski trip. We were thinking of trying Les Menuires but have no experience of it at all. We’ve skied Courchevel a few times and love it but it’s so expensive. Would Les Menuires be cheaper?
Also, is it a safe ish bet for early April? We’d be driving over on the 4th/5th for a week.
We’d like ski in/out self catering accommodation. Can anybody recommend anything? Or maybe what to avoid??
It looks like the area has easy access to VT. is it as easy as it looks on the map? Would we be able to ski directly back to LM from VT?

Sorry for all the questions!
Thank you!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Les Menuires would be considerably cheaper than Courchevel. There are thousands of apartments available through their central reservation site https://en.locationlesmenuires.com/winter

I'd have no qualms about staying there early April. I'd expect the 3V to be pretty much 100% open that week.
It's very easy access into VT and, yes, you can ski directly back along Boulevard de Cumin (a long track).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@breeze11, I am a les menuires convert, i skied it hundreds of times when I worked in Méribel many moons ago, but always sneered at the architecture!!!

Skiing was still good, and Le masse was a favourite even back then!!

But since staying there a couple of years ago with my family, I cannot rate it enough, most accommodation is ski-in/ski-out, with ample free parking generally close to your apartment.
Compare this to Val thorens where you have to pay!!!

Easy access from les menuires from val thorens.

We like the preyrand district as there are lots of sc options there, and a free pedestrian lift to croissant are (ski school/shops/bars etc.)

Try HomeAway.co.uk

We are there in feb half term

Cheers

Terry
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi

Just spent new year in LM and have done various points in 3v.

LM SC accom will be cheaper - no doubt
Its @ 1800m and Im 100% sure 3v pisteurs will keep all main runs open to LM until end April if there is a drought - so probably the most snow sure after VT in the 3V
For Ski-in-out: Stay in La Croisette (where we stayed), Reberty or Bruyeres areas of Les M. Reberty slightly higher and more chalets / chalet style residences. Croisette very dated 'old school' SC accommodation but very functional and the area has more shops / bars 2 x supermarkets banks, some free wifi etc
If you are going for a budget break I'd recommend ski-planet.com/en - they do packages re-selling privately owned SC accomm that include ski hire, ski pass etc that I think are hard to get a better combined price on.
Yes you can ski back from VT to LM on a single run (from top behind follie douce) - a few routes back in fact
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@breeze11, I've been to Les Menuires in April and liked it. It is a very underated ski resort in my opinion. The only thing I can add to the above is that it does seem to catch the sun so remember lots of factor 50
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Doh!!! Just noticed spell check entered croissant instead of croisette!!!

Bonnet et douche Rodney!!!!!!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes, it’ll be fine, but many of slopes just above and around the main resort face south west so they do get mushy. It’s dead easy to get away from that though-you might be surprised how much better shaded and north and east facing slopes can be at that time of year.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I’ve skied there mid-late April for the last 2 years and it’s been great.

I’d recommend trying to find accommodation near the Bruyeres lift, since this a) gets you very high in one hit, and b) from the top you ski straight into Val Thorens, which may be important if snow is patchy.

Last year, for the final week of the season a few of our party preferred downloading in the gondola from mid station at the end of the day as the resort runs were extremely slushy.

Whilst you asked about self catering, I’ll also flag that Ski Amis has some budget (but good) chalets at Bruyeres which could be c. £3-400/head fully catered if there’s an offer on. We stayed last year and are back this year.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Absolutely Les Menuires in April. It's a bit odd I think and doesn't really have a traditional centre though there is a few nice pubs/bars/restaurants.

Stayed in a nice self catering apartment myself, though it was quite a few years ago now.
https://www.cgh-residences.co.uk/winter/residences/les-clarines-12

Was not far to slopes or centre of les menuires itself.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Les Menuires is one of the highest ski resorts in the world.

Snow (or fake snow) is all but guaranteed from mid-Dec to mid-Apr.

Skiing is mostly for intermediates.

Ski-in-ski-out most everywhere is a big bonus.

Prices are 25-75% cheaper than (prettier) Courchevel 1850.

Biggest downsides are the lack of nitelife, and it is one of the ugliest stations on planet Earth.

Some call it Les Manures.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Fantastic! Thank you all for your positive replies. Sounds like this is the place for us.
Thank you for all your suggestions. I’m going to get researching.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
breeze11,

I have sent you a PM about a possible accommodation option.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
TR for Les Menuires last April:

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=3392252
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
+1 for the Ski Amis catered chalets at Bruyeres. Great location directly at the foot of the gondola with a small but essential selection of shops and restaurants/bars. Very good location for families.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy