Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Trying freestyle for first time?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi folks, hoping for some advice.

I’ve been skiing for 30 years - I’m one of the lucky ones who started in kindergarten out in France.

Every year is the same - I get the same carver skis and plod around for a week or two, just trying to go faster.

But I keep toying with trying a pair of freestyle skis and possibly having some dedicated lessons (I’m sure I could do with a brush up).

I’m off to the 3 valleys (les menuires) in 10 days. I suppose I could nip to the Chill Factore down the road if it would help adjust.

Could anyone advise how these skis compare to normal carvers? Whilst I might have a play on the odd bump and may have a lesson or two, the bulk of the holiday will be spent with the group. I’m used to blasting past them all and quite like a turn of speed - will twin tip freestyle skis cause any great issue in adapting on pisted runs?

Any tips warmly received: thank you.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I can`t give you any tips as I`ve never put a pair on, but my sons around you age I guess, from your post, have skied since they were tiny and appear to be equally at home on twin tipped skies as ordinary ones. In fact my eldest skis most of the time with them whilst his brothers usually do not, and they all seem to cover the same runs at similar speeds (Can`t say I`ve noticed what skis they have on for off piste though).
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@gasket, I am definitely no 'freestyler' but I have demoed the odd pair of park skis. In general they flex a bit more than piste skis, I guess this is for landing jumps, etc. Turn initiation is a little slower as they tend to be wider and less shaped. Having said that, they do hold a good edge and can cool down any following friends as you shower them with snow spray.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy