Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Glenshee ski area

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I went there today. Great sunny forecast and lots of snow.

Waited for two hours for the snow gates at Spittal of Glenshee to open; arrived at the carpark at 10.30 a.m. along with dozens of other cars held up then suddenly let through. I then queued for half an hour in a huge queue to convert my online booking into a lift pass at a tiny single window but gave up waiting as I could see there were only three lifts operating..one tee bar and two pomas, predicting huge queues for these. So headed back home to Pitlochry past miles of cars waiting to access the carpark. The road itself was in a dangerous state with huge potholes and patches of breaking up tarmac to dodge around.

The online booking system failed to give some people an acknowledgement email with QR code so I hate to think of how they could prove they had paid when they eventually reached the tiny window.

One of their staff was loudly berating the local council for its poor snow clearing and the online booking system, costing £40000, which was useless.

A terrible experience for me, a regular in previous years at Glenshee.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have a look on the Scotland thread. They did post last night what lifts were running (other than small lifts it was Cairnwell T, claybokie and butcharts T) so was always limited ? Also did say roads situation they were unsure of and gates were closed last night, anyway a lot of that is discussed in the other thread. The road is a shambles and has been for ages but then lots of roads are, Edinburgh you need a tractor for most of them Very Happy
But sorry to hear of these woes, as I always say - avoid the first blue it’s day as it’s always a mess esp when the snow has only just stopped (and it was v icy on road last night)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I was there too and what a total farce!

We got to the snowgates at 9ish and expected to wait there until for a while- opened at 10.30am and then it was an hour until we were parked. The worst bit was yet to come- 2 hours in a queue for pre paid lift tickets whilst people who had just showed up were served quickly in another queue (Glenshee had advised to book and was showing sold out so not sure why they were selling more tickets).

Finally got tickets soon after 1.30pm to join a huge lift queue- about 2.15pm when finally arrived (freezing after 3 hours of standing around) at top of first run. Eventually a member of staff came out and handed out lift passes and wrote down reference numbers- no idea why that took 2 hours to do.

Cold, tired and hungry abandoned after 2 runs (enormous queue in cafe and upper one was closed).

To add to all of this Glenshee posted on Facebook yesterday evening to blame the council for not clearing the road- er I think your ticket system/ customer management system was the issue- we all knew to wait for road to be opened. They then deleted all posts with hundreds of comments about experiences of the day- that has made me really not happy.

Have been going to Glenshee for years and have had to wait on snowgates before- no such fiasco with tickets.

Most times I ski in Scotland I come home wondering why I bothered .... It must be the few odd great days that stick in my mind that keep me living in hope that it will be a good day rolling eyes
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy