Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Marker motion ipt bindings - have I done this right?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Having just shelled out on nice new boots I got the skis out of storage toning to adjust the bindings ahead of my upcoming trip at the end of the month.
Length & DIN are all good, but I’d love a wee bit more confidence in toe-piece vertical adjustment & forward pressure.
Having trawled these pages & ye olde interweb to no avail, I’m throwing myself on the collective wisdom of this community (and maybe the likes of @spyderjon in particular) for guidance.
The bindings are on Volkl Supersports of some vintage.
As the new boots are noticeably smaller & lighter than the old ones, maybe I’m just over cautious about perceived release strength (it seems to take more of a thump than it should to release them & toe piece just looks tight) but, hey, it’s my ageing knees and ankles that I’m risking if I get this wrong.
Oh, and my nearest ski shop is a 250 mile round trip so it’s not really a terribly realistic option.
Thanks in advance.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
IIRC that binding follows the common Marker method of fwd pressure adjustment, ie screw head flush with is surround when the boot is installed. And I can't remember the toe height being adjustable but I'll check in the morning and let you know.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
spyderjon wrote:
IIRC that binding follows the common Marker method of fwd pressure adjustment, ie screw head flush with is surround when the boot is installed. And I can't remember the toe height being adjustable but I'll check in the morning and let you know.

Thanks. Appreciate it.
I’ll email you a couple of photos.
CW
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Manual 12/13 here https://forum.ski.ru/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=119724
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Awesome customer service from @spyderjon; a response here and a phone call to follow up on my email this morning all within about half an hour of the respective posting. Many thanks sir, you are a star!

Thanks, too, to @under a new name, for an equally prompt response at a much more respectable time of the day when normal mortals are up and about.

I LOVE this community! snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy