Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

CHAMBERY - DONT EVER FLY FROM HERE!!

Poster: A snowHead
We have now had 14 hours in Chambery airport. The facilities here are roughly equivalent to a poverty spec Wendy House and the organisation reminds me of Laurel and Hardy.
So just a reminder to anyone who is tempted...don't ever fly through this airport. Its not civilisation by normal standards!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
more talk here

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=150467
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Strax, Hope you've managed to complete your journey without further distress. That's a long long time to be stuck in ANY airport.

What was the cause of the 14 hour + delay? Was it the fault of the airport? Airline? Outside the control of either?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Strax, I sympathise, as Chambery is a seasonal airport and hence has very few facilities. Grabbing a seat up near the coffee bar can be a lottery.

We have never had a problem there although it does have a bit of a rep for fog.

It has some pluses -

Our flights from Edinburgh are Sundays, much better. Its great to arrive at, you get through passports and your bags are invariably there. Check in is pretty quick and the security - although older - is infinitely better than GVA.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It's an annual topic on Snowheads. The airport is massively overstretched in the winter months but expansion tricky as the other 8 months of the year don't warrant an upgrade.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Strax, well known as a problem amongst regulars here - but it was worth you highlighting again. I would also be loathe to use Grenoble at weekends during winter.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It's busy just a few days a year, not four months. Fly in on one of the others and you can be driving out of the free car park within 5 minutes of touchdown
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
TBF as long as you're not flying this weekend, last weekend or the half term weekend it's fine. That's why TOs continue to use it. It's cheap and 1 or 2 armageddon weekends are acceptable collateral damage.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Having had several bad experiences with Chambery, including being bused to Grenoble and Lyon, however tempting or convenient Chambery may appear I now book Geneva.

Whilst Chambery may be a seasonal airport they have been in the game long enough to invest in basic infrastructure, such as customs control, a permanent departure lounge of appropriate capacity, adequate deicing equipment and more automated landing systems.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Of all the times we've used Cham over the past decade, I can only recall 2 times there has been any kind of major delay - once for fog and we were diverted to Geneva, and once for snow... In the UK!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Chambery Airport is basically a box in a field staffed by French communists always on strike.

It is never gonna be a deluxe experience.

You gotta suck it up.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
DavidYacht wrote:

Whilst Chambery may be a seasonal airport they have been in the game long enough to invest in basic infrastructure, such as customs control, a permanent departure lounge of appropriate capacity, adequate deicing equipment and more automated landing systems.

But they may have calculated it's not worth it financially.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
just reported on bbc5Live, hundreds of uk tourists stuck for the night, I hope all sorted @Strax,?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
People also stuck in Manchester
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/tui-manchester-airport-weather-stranded-17512781
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Hurtle, how horrific, my worst fear is getting stuck in the North
snow report
@SnoodlesMcFlude, Laughing
ski holidays
I've used Chambery many times and only once had a serious problem. The pilot tried to land but scary crosswinds meant aborting just above the runway and going to Lyons instead. Today all was calm and sunny.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy