Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Trysil Feb halfterm Lessons

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi we are travelling to Trysil this February first time skiing as family last year we went to Hemsedal with friends. My 16 year old daughter is a natural skier it was her first time on a mountain last year and she was doing black runs no problem but lacks technical ability and snow sense we'd like her to have lessons but reasonably enough she is not keen if only English person in group and she'll probably be the youngest as has to join an advanced adult group. Has anyone's teenagers done ski school in Norway what was their experience ? is anyone going to Trysil in February with teenagers who are booking lessons? . My son snow boards so can't join his sister for lessons. thank you
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Language is unlikely to be a problem - everyone in Norway seems to speak good English. But if it's her first time having lessons, even if she's a "natural" she might not be ready for an advanced group.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
yes understand about the English its more about a self conscious teen being the only brit. good point about lesson level she had beginners lessons and then skied with our friends last year and kept up with them ok but good idea to get basics in place on reds thank you
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
its a few years back, but pretty sure mine got bumped into the adult group at Trysil as they were at the older end of the kids range and most of the kids were beginners and mine weren't. there were other brits around and the scandi's all speak great english.

standard of lessons was excellent. 1.5hrs rather than the standard 2, but good teachers and worth doing.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank you I think her Dad will join her the lessons are v good value compared to private
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I just did a trip report from Trysil over Xmas if you look there.

Ski school is pretty good standard and the instructors are really good. Everyone speaks perfect English. Alpine level 2 was what my 12 year old was in and she did reds, reds skiing backwards, two blacks and some box jumps.

Book her in for the 3 hour classes not the 1.15 ones.

Alternatively if booking private’s then Matilda and Emma who taught my daughters level 2 10-15yr Alpine class are highly recommended by her and she is a bit of a wallflower.

You can also email SkiStar and ask they may be happy to put her in the 10-15 year group if you explain.

You should have a skistar account from booking things and they usually reply in a couple of days. Alternatively the ski school in Trysil can be directly emailed on mailto:skiskole@trysilguidene.com
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
And if she is in there wrong group then the ski instructors just sort it out amongst themselves and move them round the next day. They really are super helpful and accommodating.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Don't worry, my daughter was the only English kid in her intro to park skiing lessons in Trysil when we went a few years ago and had a great time. Be honest about how much skiing she has done and let the ski school put her in the group they think, if it is wrong it will be quickly sorted and far better for her to have one lesson in too easy a group and be moved up at the end than be terrified in a too advanced group on the first day!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy