Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ischgl - ski hire recommendations

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone give me any advice on above. Will be there did a week commencing 25th Jan. Best rate online I can get for skis, boots and helmet is €211.00. Accommodation is central near the ‘silvrettaseisbhan’ lift so looking for ski hire shop within 400/500m’s of this
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've used Zangerl and they're good. It's a cartel resort so you'll pay big money wherever you go
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The whole of Ischgl's basically owned by a single extended family so you don't tend to get much price difference - especially if you're only looking a short walk from one of the main gondola stations. The flip side is that across many Ischgl trips, hiring from all the different shops over the years, nobody I've been with has ever had a bad set of skis or issues going back to swap skis/boots.

Sport+Mode Zangerl often come out as one of the cheapest, with Intersport usually the most expensive and the others in between - though you're only talking tens of Euro difference off best prices.

If you really want cheap and have a hire car/reasonable flight times then stop at one of the shops as you drive up the valley to Ischgl and hire there. Never done this so can't comment on specific shops/quality and does add extra hastle.

If you're willing to walk a little further in order to save some money take a short stroll then Ski2Rent.com, who have consistently been the cheapest for the last couple of years. About 1000m from the Silvrettabahn and a little hard to find the first time as you seem to be walking out of town but actually just on top the 'new' parking garage/behind the Madeline hotel. From the Silvrettabahn turn left and follow Dorfstrabe (the main street with al the shops on). Eventually you'll come to the tourist information centre and seemingly the end of town, with just the fire station and car park entrances. Follow the road between the two car park entrances, then turn right and walk down the slope. Ski2Rent are the first building down on the left, opposite the Eldorado hotel/restaurant. All reasonably flat and the road through Ischgl isn't normally icy so an easy walk. If the walk sounds too long just see it as a great excuse to stop at the cafe/bakery for tea and cake Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I always use Sport Zangerl which is by the entrance to the Dorf tunnel.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Many thanks for all advice. I’ll get googling later
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There's also Ischgl -Rent you could use They're pretty decent.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mietski.com is good for hiring in advance. Don't believe it will be much cheaper for end of January.
We came by car to Ischgl so we hired through Alpinresorts.com in Galtur at Sport Walter. Good ski equipment, bad snowboard choice
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy