Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A great trip to Paradiski

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just returned home from a great week in Les Coches feeling very lucky. Out from Herefordshire early friday 27 Dec - midday tunnel and drive down to Dijon for tea and overnight in good Best Western (Quentigny). Away early Sat (6am) to try and jump the predicted bulge of traffic up the valley and in resort by 10.30am. (Kids got a bonus free sat pm ski in.) Wall to wall sunshine all week, and yes, busy most of week and not ideal but queues smaller and pistes less busy than anticipated. Experience helped by making first lift each morning, timing of breaks and timing of arrivals at known/expected hotspots - e.g Arpette at lunchtime and not 3.30pm+. The Constant sunshine meant never a problem getting a table at an eatery/watering hole but getting food/liquid sometimes a challenge, again, as to be expected. Back on Sunday - 8am start to Chalons en Champagne - clear run into Ibis Styles in centre of town for 4pm (felt like could have pressed on to Calais and home Sunday evening but kids/wife not keen). Out 9am Monday and 3 1/2 hours to Calais for lunchtime crossing and a moving M25/M4 and home late afternoon.

Second time have driven to Paradiski and would thoroughly recommend. Appreciate have been lucky with weather etc both times but would thoroughly recommend having the ability to plan/flex plans and not be at mercy of tour operator shortcomings, airport issues etc. And having
a car in resort is helpful - arranged cheaper ski hire out of Bourg, drove round for a go on the bobsleigh track and could food shop more cheaply in Bourg/Aime rather than in resort.

Family would still prefer to fly but working on them..............
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Andycronshaw, welcome to SH's.

Les Coches great choice to base yourself and sounds like you had a great week.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Andycronshaw, welcome to snowHeads!

I normally drive to Paradiski (to Les Arcs rather than to La Plagne) once or twice each winter and the drive is very straightforward, and for a family perhaps the cheapest way to travel if you don't factor in too closely the mileage depreciation on the car. The ability to load up whatever you want, and then have the convenience of a car in resort is well worth the extra time it takes to get there. I'm about 90 minutes from the Eurotunnel in Folkestone so I normally do the drive in one day, leaving home at about 5.30am and getting to Les Arcs around 6.30pm.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

and then have the convenience of a car in resort is well worth the extra time it takes to get there

I agree about the ease of driving. We live about 4 hours from the tunnel and did the return journey in 14:30 hours In january. We left at 11:30 and got home at 01:00 the next next morning. TBH this is not much more than flying. We are heading out again on the 19th we will leave home at 9:00 and get to the resort close to 21:00. In other words 11 hours door to door.

Due to difficulty of finding parking spaces in Arc1600 during busy periods (never mind the hassle of digging the car out - it took 3 hours in January) we never use the car once we get to the resort prefering to use the funicular to go to Bourg.

When I'm out in March we may drive over to La Rossiere or St Foy for a change of scene.

I'm glad you enjoyed Paradiski @Andycronshaw, we do, but it must be close on 20 years since I went down the bobsleigh track. Did you enjoy it?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rob@rar wrote:
@Andycronshaw, welcome to snowHeads!

I normally drive to Paradiski (to Les Arcs rather than to La Plagne) once or twice each winter and the drive is very straightforward, and for a family perhaps the cheapest way to travel if you don't factor in too closely the mileage depreciation on the car. The ability to load up whatever you want, and then have the convenience of a car in resort is well worth the extra time it takes to get there. I'm about 90 minutes from the Eurotunnel in Folkestone so I normally do the drive in one day, leaving home at about 5.30am and getting to Les Arcs around 6.30pm.

Here here!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy