Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Last Minute Trip

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm considering a last minute trip skiing this weekend and am looking for a few ideas, please!

Last year I flew to Munich and drove down to Mayrhofen for 3 days, which was nice, but I'd like to try somewhere else this year.

I normally use Avios for flights and there's good availability for Munich, Turin and Innsbruck at the moment, but I'm not sure where the best snow conditions are right now. I've had a look and Austria doesn't appear to have had much snow recently? I also considered Norway, but I've never skied there before, so not sure where the best places to go would be?

I'd look to leave on Friday or Saturday and then come back on Tuesday or Wednesday. I don't mind hiring a car to get to resort, but would prefer not to drive a long way each day to gt to the slopes - something that's put me off staying in Innsbruck, but maybe I'm wrong?

Thanks for any advice you can all give!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Snow looks good up at Obergurgl - about 1.5 hour drive. Plenty there for 4 days skiing
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@TDKUK, I was in the Arlberg at the weekend lots of snow there, a small top up due this week though there are also some warm temperatures too (as there are most places in the alps). I would say any of the higher places not far from Innsbruck would be ideal so Arlberg, Ischgl, Serfaus / Fiss, Zillertal, Sölden / Obergurgl would all work (all of these spots are possible using the train or combination of train and transfer from Innsbruck). So if you can get a flight to Innsbruck it would be pretty ideal. There is plenty of skiing near Innsbruck itself (see the Innsbruck thread) but it is generally smaller areas which are probably better suited to day trips. Places nearer to Munich tend to be a bit lower, Kitzbühel, Saalbach etc should be OK but maybe more spring like than the places mentioned earlier.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Stubai Glacier from Innsbruck?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the pointers. Struggled getting suitable accommodation for what I needed, but will bear that in mind for next year.

I've had to delay the trip by a few days, but am now probably going to Switzerland - Davos appears to have good snow and plenty of suitable accommodation available, so am probably going to give that a try.

Thanks all!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@TDKUK, advantage of Davos is that you can take a train there. And there used to be the most excellent pizza restaurant by the station.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@under a new name, yes! It was still there last March. Just stumbled across it by chance.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
under a new name wrote:
@TDKUK, advantage of Davos is that you can take a train there. And there used to be the most excellent pizza restaurant by the station.

Love the skiing in Davos , Italian food is just about the only stuff that is affordable to eat out at night. Not sure if it's the same restaurant but there was a brilliant general Italian restaurant just to the left of the station as you got out at Platz
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy