Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ouibus/BlaBlaBus at GVA

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hola,

My daughter is flying to Geneva and needs a transfer to meet us in Sallanches.

Her Ezjet flight from Gatwick lands at 13:25 and she will only have hand luggage.

There is a Ouibus leaving GVA at 14:30 and one at 18:30 (I think).

If the flight is on-time is it reasonable to expect to get on the 14:30?

Where exactly does she met the Ouibus at GVA?

Gracias!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If, your daughter can keep her hand baggage with her and if the flight arrives on time and if there’s no other delays then yes an hour from touch down to getting on a bus is doable.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks @marcellus,

Where does she meet the Ouibus at GVA? I think I read near the tourist desks.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@bpirkle, can’t help for definite with that one, I suspect come out of baggage reclaim and the desks are there.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If my daughter’s arrival on Saturday was a guide she should make it comfortably. Plane arrival time is the key.

Don’t know where the meeting point is.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The Ouibus stop is pretty much straight ahead out of the exit doors opposite where you come out of arrivals. I think you need to cross some taxi lanes to end up at the bus area which is the furthest road running left to right.

You don't seem to be able to buy a ticket on the bus itself, so you will need either to book ahead online (and hope the plane is on time since the ticket is for a specific bus) or you can buy a ticket from the tourist point right next to those exit doors, it is most obviously listed as doing hotel bookings but when you get close to the counter you will see the Ouibus/BlaBlaBus sign as well. You may have to queue at the desk though, so there is a slightly different gamble about timings.

That said, it has worked for us every time we have used it.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@marcellus, @DJL, @j b, Thanks for the info .. my gut says an hour is plenty of time if the flight lands on time but though I'd ask to be sure.

If the flight is late then we'll deal with it on the day .. but will book the 14:30 now online.

Cheers,

Brien
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just booked her ouibus transfer and noticed on the ticket pdf that it can be cancelled/exchanged up to 30 minutes prior to departure .. I think using the ouibus smartphone app.

So if the flight is going to be late and she uses the app it might save me 19 euros .. good to know.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just be aware that locker space in the plane is limited and if she's not one of the first 70 onboard she may well have to put her hand luggage in the hold, which will then need to be picked up from the baggage belt meaning a delay. May be worth paying for priority boarding for that leg to ensure she gets to keep the hand luggage with her.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
An hour is quite doable. If she has a backpack with straps it will not go in the hold as the straps will foul the conveyors. The pick up is directley outside the airport in the furthest lane away from the doors. It is often late if it gets caught up in traffic in Geneva .
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy