Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

French ski resorts bounce back post covid

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
http://pistehors.com/A4roCIABWAdyCZy5KPgB/french-ski-resorts-recover-their-mojo
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@davidof, A fascinating report.
Quote:
36% of skier days are alpine skiing, which means that 74% of visitors are doing another activity, snow shoeing following alpine skiing in popularity.

The good figures are partly explained by property owners spending more weeks in their properties helped by teleworking. With high inflation it remains to be seen whether this post Covid boost will be carried over into next season.

I cannot help but wonder how they get these figures. First of all how do they know I am British or that I am in my apartment having a rest day. Is it that they have taken lift sales away from property vacancies? In that case how do they know each property is full with teleworkers?

The other interesting point is that the UK tour operators are taking a huge cut from lift pass sales.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@johnE, they can tell from the tracker in your vaccine.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Unless I'm missing something (plausible) I'm not loving their maths either: Doesn't 36 from 100 leave 64 not 74?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
johnE wrote:

I cannot help but wonder how they get these figures. First of all how do they know I am British or that I am in my apartment having a rest day. Is it that they have taken lift sales away from property vacancies? In that case how do they know each property is full with teleworkers?

On a micro level - that is whether you are loafing in your ski lodge or not - they probably don't know but globally I suspect they have enough data to mine to have an idea. Just credit card receipts would tell them a lot.

That said, I saw the French fisc have access to your electricity records to determine whether you are living where you say you are now. This is in addition to all the other information they can access.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
CdeA have been turning the screw on commissions for years, none offered to new companies for some time.

Gone are the halcyon days of cash stuffed envelopes for small TOs!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Just credit card receipts would tell them a lot.

Whatever happened to GDPR?

I suspect mobile phone data is probably more use and easily available
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@midgetbiker, …it’s because skiers were 110% excited about getting back on the slopes…
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
johnE wrote:
Quote:

Just credit card receipts would tell them a lot.

Whatever happened to GDPR?

the data just needs to anonymised doesnt' it?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
They sample a minute number of respondents, then extrapolate it to "represent" the masses.

8 out of 10 cats...
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Or just track ski pass use
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Listening, How does that show what country you are from or that you are doing something else in the resort?
@NickYoung, I think you are right. Many years ago I was approached by a lady with a clipboard.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
NickYoung wrote:
They sample a minute number of respondents, then extrapolate it to "represent" the masses.

8 out of 10 cats...

Shhhh. Someone might rescind my degree 20-odd years later if you go around making claims like that. All data is to be relied on and trusted 100%.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy