Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Three Valleys - Advice Welcome

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello All,

I'm skiing with a group of mates in The Three Valleys, staying in La Tania from 12-19th Jan 2020 - just 9 days to go!

Does anyone have any advice about where it's good to ski in the morning/afternoon at different times of day etc? Also any recommended bars or restaurants on the slopes?

Been there 4 times but the last one was in 2008.

Cheers

Lee
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
On piste or off piste?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ok just my opinion.

I don’t follow the weather or the snow. I am in a resort for a week and don’t have time. La Tania last year was awesome (same week you are going). We spent day 1 in Courchevel. Started 1650 and basically skied as far and wide as we could in 1650/1850/la Tania itself. Loved 1650

Next day went over to Val Thorens as far as we could Oreille I think it was called and then wound our way back home covering as much of that far side.

Day 3 middle bowl of Meribel and Les menuires I think. And St Martin.

By then we’d covered all the major areas. So day 4 we spent back at 1650 and did every run we could across the Courchevel patch. I am a saddo who ticks off the runs on the pirate map! Only we avoid blacks mainly due to injury.

Day 5 I seem to recall was more Val Thorens and the glacier but we’d missed before.

Day 6 we killed ourselves going as far as possible from VT to Courchevel 1650. My ski tracks put me on 28 runs skied and 47 miles covered.

We are total mileage fans and love trying every possible run at least once
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Probably the best restaurant for lunch near La Tania is Bouc Blanc
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not been for a good few years but the bouc Blanc always did great omelettes
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
At that time of year the sun won't be in La Tania for long. Enjoy long runs down Saulire, or if the snow's good down to Meribel (or mid-station if not). Try Courchevel 1650 for variety and to get away from the 'crowds' (not that you're likely to notice that in January). Lunch is a matter of taste and budget (!). Don't write off the Folie Douce - come for the food, stay for the cabaret!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Snap! I’m going to La Tania at the end of the month.

Usually we stay in Meribel Motterat, which is pretty central, so La Tania will be a bit different.

First off is to definitely take the plunge/cost and get the three valley pass (I’d also recommend the carte neige insurance, that the resort offers when buying the card, but again quite pricey.

Courchevel has certainly got enough to do for a couple of days, but has become quite ‘new money Russian’ so has become expensive and the usual rudeness exists from your fellow skiers.
The routes around signal mountain are usually pretty quite but hit them early as they can get cut up later in the day.

Budget a day trip to get to Val Thorens to ski and back. Don’t miss last lifts, it’s an expensive mistake. Folie Deuce in VT i think is the better one.

Restaurants - I’ve forgotten some names, but just by the top of St Martin Express lift is a good spot for a break. Once saw Kate and Will royalty in there, and the bloke that owns it is a friendly ex rugby player.

We love Corbleys for lunch of tarte flet / tarte chèvre which is at bottom of st Martin express. There’s quite a grumpy waitress there, that makes for entertaining watching when she snaps at Russians.

The runs around the way are superb and really long. Jerusalem was my favourite and would recommend skiing all the way into st Martin, which also is a nice spot for a coffee. Grand lac is a lovely long blue, where you can easy ski and take it all in! It’s so big/long tends not to get busy.

Mont vallon is a good shout, but needs to be timed well for when the sun hits (I think in afternoon) and it not being busy / cut up. There’s a few ‘tracks’ on the runs that are quite tight to the edge and isn’t too pleasant when you git someone in front that’s unpredictable and someone impatient behind. Once you’re through that though it’s pretty awesome. Good restaurant for the deckchairs at the top!

There’s a good app for three valleys and obvs get ski tracks as well.

So much to go at, I certainly can’t wait!!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Le Clos Bernard by the Altiport is good. As is l'Oeil de Boeuf in Courchevel 1550. Both may require a booking.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
La Voute in St Martin village just opposite the church. Has been there for ever, great food.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
in La Tania, try Pub Le Ski Lodge. it's just under the nursery slope. good value for money and has live music. We often skied back there for lunch rather than paying 12 euros for a bowl of chips at 1850 Crying or Very sad and the run down to La Tania Le Folyeres is a personal favourite, it's only a blue run but it's a great fun, we used to ski it first thing as a warm up as well.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Make sure to visit La Masse and Orelle at least once (they are both on the edge of the VT side of the area). They are a bit out of the way so slopes are quieter and they have some spectacular views at the top. If you've got €50 you need to get rid of you could even take the zip line from Orelle back to VT.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
http://www.restaurant-legrandlac.com/
I liked this one as the view was beautiful. Huge bowl of very nice pumpkin soup and a pint did the job.
Bottom of Les Granges lift
Not sure it’s the best but we liked the view but was £
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bel Aire 1650
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Make SURE you do Jerusalem all the way into St Martin.

Mont Vallon is also spectacular. Saulire is a superb blast first thing when freshly pisted - go in from the steepest bit for extra fun.

TBH I can't think of a bad run, enjoy it all - if you love mileage you won't find a better place to go.

One restaurant to avoid is the one with all the fur seat covers on the green home run into 1850 (you'll see it as you ski past), it's as expensive as Courchevel gets!! Only accidentally went there for a drink once.

As siad, the Bouc Blanc is lovely. If you want a cheap bite to eat, there is a decent sandwich place in 1850 if you go into the main shopping centre with the climbing walls in the middle - I think it's on the second floor.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
If there’s enough snow, head down to La Tania-skiing between the trees is gorgeous! Blush Smile
This run review in the 3 valleys might help:

http://youtube.com/v/L4Yx5frBlDo
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy