Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easyjet handluggage

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi - yet another Easyjet question. Apologies I know this has been asked before but think that was before Easyjet updated their policies. Are you allowed to take a bootbag as your handluggage or is this regarded as sports equipment and sent to the hold with a fine?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I took my flight on Tuesday morning with my boot bag as hand luggage... no problem. However, they do say they only accept the first 67 bags as hand luggage, and after that everything goes in the hold... which often means priority boarding only. My flight wasn’t full, so no problem.... I’m awaiting the flight home right now... so we’ll see what the next 2hours brings!!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Will be fine as long as it's correct size. Couple of weeks back we got a text in advance of flight offering the chance to drop off hand luggage to be checked in free of charge so you may well also get the chance to do this
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@skim, I wear ski boots as fashion statements not sports equipment.

As long as it goes in the cage, you'll be fine.

Depending on route, we almost invariably have our hand luggage sent to the hold at the gate, to the extent that I bought a special super slim Easyjet laptop bag that takes my electrics, docs, wallets, etc. and takes up so little space in my bag that it's not an issue. Just speeds that "can we take your bag, please?" moment.

@alasdair.graham@hotmail.c, I thought this scheme had a modest e.g. £5 charge attached to it?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Have easyjet changed their policy? You used to be allowed 2 bags as sports equipment, with a total weight limit of 20kg.
(apologies, not had time to check their site, and not using them this year)

I usually stuff everything into ski and boot bags, and just have a small daypack for carry on with essentials.

I would have thought that whatever you wished to carry in your hand luggage was your business so long as it is legal and within weight/size limits
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@under a new name,
It was free for me, extra busy flight maybe. I believe 3 mobile customers can also do this on any flight.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think it's free if they ask you to put it in the hold at the boarding gate, there may be a charge if you request at check in.

If they ask you to pay on boarding, just make a fuss and say they should have informed you earlier. Remind them that you have already humped the luggage through the airport, and security.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks all. Travelled out to Grenoble yesterday. EasyJet, easyas. We took a boot bag and a bag that tests the hand luggage limits. They didn’t even ask me to put my handbag into my other bag (they normally do).
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks all. Travelled out to Grenoble yesterday. EasyJet, easyas. We took a boot bag and a bag that tests the hand luggage limits. They didn’t even ask me to put my handbag into my other bag (they normally do).
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If you book the speedy boarding up-front seats you get one cabin bag and one under the seat bag. This is normal cabin bag size 56x45x25 (that I put my boots into thought I normally use BA but I used the same bag on Friday) and one bag that an be 45x36x20 which is a reasonable size.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Glad all went well, @skim, and although I'm too late to help you, will post in case others come back to this.

I bought this SnoKart boot bag a couple of seasons ago because it officially sneaked in to Easyjet's carry-on dimensions but would allow me to get my boots and goggles and MIPS helmet all into my carry-on. Never had a problem with that, as I would hope and expect.

But on a trip to Geneva last year, spoke to another passenger who boarded the plane with her ski boots tied and hanging around her neck. She was going touring so was attempting to travel as light as possible and had been allowed to carry them on like that, without a bag. Presumably because they would fit inside the dimensions specified.

I guess if she'd absolutely had to, she could have put them in a carrier bag or worn them, but in the end, didn't need to do either.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Pretty sure that if you have a ski bag booked for the hold and it clearly only holds skis, that you can take a boot bag and that be checked in as part of the same allowance.

As a snowboarder, I've never tested it because my board bag is always pushing the 20kg luggage allowance already with all my clothes, toiletries, snacks and other crap. Hence me getting the boot bag for my carry-on.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy