Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is there such a thing... boot liner question!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The season before last I purchased new boots and them fitted properly, all was wonderful. This season just gone they were OK but no where near as comfortable. This is due entirely to my body changing with a bit of muscular dystrophy. It won't stop and nor will I!

So, the question is... is there something like inflatable boot liners that I could adjust over time?

If not then a new pair of boots each season it might have to be, but thats expensive...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@ciderinsport, ...although it might not be entirely to do with the change in you. How many days have you skied in them? How did you store them? (Last year saw bonkers temperatures and some boots stored in lofts had a very bad time)...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Zipfits you can inject or remove filler. Removing is harder.

But more likely your liners just were a bit more packed out this year and if they are remotely thermoformable you could try having them refluffed.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Zipfits you can inject or remove filler. Removing is harder.

@Dave of the Marmottes, I now have to remove my zipfits each time I wear them due to recent foot surgery and I find them ok to to take out and re-insert foot. You may need somebody to open boot while inserting to begin with. I'm sure there will be a boot fitter/zipfit guy along soon to advise Smile
Depending on where you live getting advice from a an expert would be my advice, they can manipulate your boots as your needs require. Far cheaper then getting new boots each year.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Also Intuition liners can be recooked (remolded) a few times. That will be true of a lot of stock liners too but aftermarket intuition liners have a lot more foam to work with. And if you are vaguely practical you can do it at home using your oven. I've done it three times with good results.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Aren’t some boots’ stock liners of the fillable type? My Head Neo Lyt boots stock liner has this “Liquid Fit” feature that I didn’t get done when getting them as the fitter reckoned it was fine without it at the time of fitting, it can be done later if they pack out. But not sure if it can be undone/adjusted once done (apart from maybe more filler going in later?).
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Linds, DotM meant that it's easy to add the cork/oil gunk to the liner but harder to remove it - as opposed to putting the boots on/off Laughing
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@spyderjon, ok.
I have had 8 bits of metal into my foot 6 months ago so it's interesting getting zipfits on and off. I saw CEM prior to surgery and had footbed adjustments a few weeks ago so there are lots of things the experts can do.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Linds, @spyderjon knows from the muthafrakin sessions of getting my zipfited gimp toe into shells at the EOSB.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
You mention muscular dystrophy, which I am guessing may be causing tibial muscle atrophy and issues with ankle mobility and stability.

All of the above means that you are going to be more sensitive to fit than most. It is definitely worth finding a good boot fitter who you can return to again and again so they can adapt the boot and liner to your continuing needs. Your fit will most likely be more dynamic/transient than most peoples.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@ciderinsport, as a few have suggested Zipfit liners may be an option for you, cork material can be added to the liner to take up space (removing it, whilst possible isn't easy to do) if there is weakening of the muscle as well as the wasting as well then getting them into the boot in the normal way might be an issue, but adaptions can be made to help with that, not quite as effective but another possibility is a spiral wrap liner like the intuition/ palau, i am not a fan of remolding these, yes you can do it maybe 2 x but after that they can shrink badly, but depending on exactly where the issue is they can wrap around the leg and accommodate differing leg sizes (not so much on the foot) all in all, we need to see the foot/leg that we are fitting to say what would work best and by the sounds of things it is an ongoing issue that might require long term figuring out in terms of the problem solving, but, many things are possible
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
CEM wrote:
@ciderinsport, as a few have suggested Zipfit liners may be an option for you, cork material can be added to the liner to take up space (removing it, whilst possible isn't easy to do) if there is weakening of the muscle as well as the wasting as well then getting them into the boot in the normal way might be an issue, but adaptions can be made to help with that, not quite as effective but another possibility is a spiral wrap liner like the intuition/ palau, i am not a fan of remolding these, yes you can do it maybe 2 x but after that they can shrink badly, but depending on exactly where the issue is they can wrap around the leg and accommodate differing leg sizes (not so much on the foot) all in all, we need to see the foot/leg that we are fitting to say what would work best and by the sounds of things it is an ongoing issue that might require long term figuring out in terms of the problem solving, but, many things are possible

Thanks for all the replys - I feel i should pay you a visit CEM, you seem the go-to person for awkward bugs like me Very Happy I'll try and get something sorted way before the season starts.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy