Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jack wolfskin jackets - are tehy really good?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I recently purchased an autumn/winter jacket (windproof etc.) and I was very pleased with it. Now, I noticed that they also do ski jackets namely:

https://www.jack-wolfskin.co.uk/big-white-jacket-m/1111741-1024002.html

Would you guys recommend this jacket/Jack wolfskin generally for ski jackets, or should I look at other, more ski jackets oriented companies like Arcteryx?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@bober02, Personally, I'd stick with those who already have a good reputation for ski wear. My bf has a Jack Wolfskin waterproof – it was cheap so we weren't expecting great things, but it has disintegrated and urgently needs replacing.

There's a big jump in price (and probably quality) between JW and Arcteryx, but plenty in between that's pretty good. That said, if you can afford Arcteyrx, it's decent kit and will probably last a long time.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've never seen one on the slopes, I got a cheap one for walking, it's ok, but nowhere near as good a quality as my Arc, or even my 20 year old Eider shells.

Sportpursuit is your friend.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I was expecting that JWS won't be as good as Arc, the price is significantly different.

I must say though, as a walking/hiking jacket (not in arctic conditions of course) the regular jack wolfskin jackets are great, and they are more fashion-oriented than true alpine gear. Their Texapore tech is just slightly below Gore-tex according to some tests:

https://norwaygeographical.com/gore-tex-vs-texapore-technology/

Having said that, I basically agree, when you get to -20 degrees skiing, you need something more durable/alpine. As such, could you guys recommend something in-between arc and JWS, some respectable hardshell jackets?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have a Marmot goretex shell from sport pursuit, It's probably 6-8 years old at this stage and doubles as my day to day waterproof (I live on the West coast of Ireland so it gets a fair bit of use) and it's doing fine.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
JWS have done ski gear for years
You see lots of it in use in Austria
Quality wise I would put it alongside Berghaus and North Face
There fleece stuff I like
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Have a look at Patagonia
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy