Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

CHANGE OF PLAN...FORGET CERVINIA..

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're trying to find a last minute deal departing this weekend (8th/9th) from the N/West. I can't find anything going to France so we were wondering about Italy and in particular Cervinia.It's a high resort so hopefully it should be holding up OK.
Any info welcomed. Confused

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 7-04-06 8:52; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A colleague at work came back yesterday.

He said conditions were very good at the top, but a bit slushy at the bottom in the afternoon.

They couldn't get down to Zermatt, as conditions on lower slopes were too poor.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not for the good skier or off-piste skier unless you go over the top to Zermatt (but that takes a while and you would be better to stay in Zermatt). However miles of fast motorway skiing for beginners and intermediates.
A busy modern resort built originally under Mussolini. Make sure you are up the hill near the lifts.

Last snowed: 3 Apr 2006  : 5 cm of fresh snow
Today: Sun/Cloud
Temperature: -2°C
Lower slopes: 120 cm
Upper slopes: 190 cm
On piste: Excellent
Off piste: Varied
Resort runs: Packed
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
george owen,
if you do go there is a great restruant on the main street (same entrance as the irish bar and down the stairs) called the Coppa Pan, well worth a visit Toofy Grin
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
george owen, we're going this Friday as well. Booked last Sunday BA (from Gatwick) to Turin, hire car, hotel Europa for 8 nights. They still had accommodation this weekend when I booked. I don't believe you'll find a 'deal' 'cos I've tried! All the to's seem to have closed for the season as far as Cervinia is concerned.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
snowball, when we were in Gressoney a couple of weeks ago, the normall heliskiing trips over to Zermatt were all cancelled as the assertion was that there was no snow over there. By all accounts Zermatt has been the one spot in the Alps to have avoided all the snow everyone else has been having.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ssnowman wrote:
A colleague at work came back yesterday.

He said conditions were very good at the top, but a bit slushy at the bottom in the afternoon.

They couldn't get down to Zermatt, as conditions on lower slopes were too poor.

Thats not necessarily a huge problem as Zermatt still has a lot of high altitude piste - but still a pity. I guess if they just haven't had the snow though, then it could be poor higher up too.

GrahamN - I have gotten the impression that while its altitude generally assures Zermat of some form of snow cover and skiing, it never receives a huge annual snowfall compared to other resorts of similar altitude? May be totally incorrect, but just an impression created by various comments over the years.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the info guys. Things have changed slightly today. We have just booked a last minute cheapie to...............TIGNES. Fly from Birmingham Sat. A.M.
We know the Espace killy reasonable well and i spent a great week with my son in Val d'isere mid April last year. More fresh snow in the resort this week and the forecast for a top up over weekend so conditions should be ok.
Definitely no EOSB now Sad Sad Sad . Upcoming commitments and events have put paid to that, so good luck to all the snowheads heading out to Val Thorens.
ps. mustn't grumble...3rd. trip of the season.......did someone mention a packing list?????.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
george owen, friends out in val/tignes at the moment and said great conditions at the moment..................that's including while dancing on the tables Wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Got back from Cervinia on Sunday, conditions at the start of the week were OK, good at top but slushy at bottom. Temps dropped a bit mid week and it snowed from Tuesday night through to Thursday morning, about 2ft in village. Some of the instructors said it was the best conditions all season and was more like early season conditions than late season.
Talking to a Crystal girl on a lift, she said that there was a internet deal going for the Petit Palais with Crystal for £300 for the last week of the season.
Good skiing, nice resort would deffinately go back. Hotel (Petit Palais) okay, food there not brilliant.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy