Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Staying in Tignes-les-Brévières (Les Brévières)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am planning to go to Tignes-les-Brévières (Les Brévières) this Jan and I am wondering how good/bad is connection to the rest of Tignes/val d'Isere? I am getting conflicting information regarding connection to Tighes 1800 after ski hour. Can anyone who stayed there recently share pro and cons of this place.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There's an evening gondola connection up to Tignes 1800 - but only on 2 nights a week (Wed and Thu).

So a very limited service.

Details here: https://en.tignes.net/holidays/getting-around/free-shuttles
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank you! Some original publications were mentioning every night upto midnight service, but apparently it did not work out. How Brevieres is otherwise?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Brevieres if fine. I think it has more going on in the evening than 1800/Les Boisses. Quiet compared to Tignes 2100 (Le Lac) and Val Claret. snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@alex_sauvage, this has to be the bonus of staying in Brevieres: http://www.armailly.com/index.html
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@alex_sauvage, A Recent thread on some of the lower villages - https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=3480559&highlight=brevieres#3480559

And the mega thread with everything you need to know about Tignes (and if its not there, just ask on that thread) - https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=3493434#3493434
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I wonder if Le Boisses is quieter precisely because it has a reasonable link to Le Lac. If you want the nightlife you head to Le Lac and get the bus back, so there aren't enough customers to sustain more places in Le Boisses?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:
so there aren't enough customers to sustain more places in Le Boisses?
I think Les Boisses/1800 could have enough guests to support more bars, restaurants and shops - but not sure if there are sufficient (any??) premises for them to operate from... Puzzled
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
From a quick look around last week, my impression was that Tignes 1800 and, to a lesser extent, Les Boisses, have both expanded a little in the last couple of years.

I thought 1800 looked especially good for complete beginners. There’s a bit of an issue around ‘where next’ from 1800, once complete beginners look to progress, usually after 3 or 4 days on the nursery slopes. That’s where the bus to Le Lac becomes more important.

There’s a limit to expansion of the lower villages, as they’re hemmed in by surrounding terrain. For confident intermediates they’re a good base I think. Quiet, a bit better value, decent lifts to key hubs. La Fornet and back in a day comfortably doable.

Never likely to be great for apres though. snowHead
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy