Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

YIPPEE!!! My first jump - sort of!!!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Watcha SnowHeads,

Just had to share this with you (as I've only been skiing for a few years and I'm very pleased with myself – baring in mind that I’m a fairly tentative and cautious skier). I've managed to do my first little ski jump/bunny-hop/thingy.
I was skiing at MK XScape the other evening and wasn’t really paying attention and hit a bump too fast which sent me at least 10 feet up in the air – OK, OK, that’s a lie – it was most probably more like 10mm, but my skies definitely left the ground. Amazingly, I managed to keep my balance and didn’t fall over. So, for the rest of the evening I was hitting the bump faster and faster and actually trying to launch myself to get a proper jump. It was great fun – I’m going back next week to try it again. I have to admit that, when I’ve been skiing before, and I’ve accidentally hit a bump, I’ve either fallen down or been a little shaken up by the episode, so I’ve skied even more tentatively and cautiously than I usually do, for the next half an hour or so.
Now, I know that this is nothing to all you hardened SnowHeads out there (especially if you were one of the skiers/boarders on the other slope that were actually hurling themselves 10 feet into the air from the proper jump) but I guess we’ve all got to start somewhere.

Hopefully, my skiing will be less cautious and less tentative from now on. Although, I don’t think I’m quite ready to give up my day job for a season on the ski jumping circuit.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome SeeJay, that's the way to do it, start off small and gradually build up your confidence, as long as you have fun it doesn't matter about the odd fall but by building things up slowly you are much less likely to seriously injure yourself, unlike some of the more daredevil skiers and boarders out there Cool
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well done, SeeJay, with your enthusiasm you'll be doing 520 degree aerials in no time.
It is interesting that you started by accident really. I find this is often the way. The instructor tells me what to do, I tell my legs what to do, but somehow the message never gets through. Then when I stop trying so hard and relax I suddenly find I have done it (bunny-hop, jump-turn or whatever), and then wonder why it seemed so difficult in the first place.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
hope its not 520s. that would hurt rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
JonL, you're right. Thank you. You need another 20 degrees or disaster is likely (I must remember: 3x8 is 24, 4x8 is 32....)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy