Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Anton: Recommend me an instructor

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anybody recommend a very good, fluent English speaking instructor in St Anton? School recommendations welcome, but I'm really hoping for names of individuals here.

A bit of background;
- We're off to St Anton in March for our annual family trip. mrsrobmcq is feeling like her skiing has hit a definite intermediate plateau and she's a little disheartened. In an attempt to solve that, I'm looking to get her a couple of private lessons to try and move her skiing on a bit.
- She has a background in elite sport and is very fit, with good co-ordination and dynamic balance. However, she doesn't learn well from oral instructions, which has caused frustrations with instructors in the past. She needs things to be related to her own experience, good quality demonstrations and ideally visual feedback, such as video analysis.
- I expect this teaching to be mostly/exclusively on-piste

Does anybody have personal experience of an instructor who can;
1. Relate ski skills and teaching to other sports in an effective way.
2. Use a broad range of teaching methods well, beyond straight verbal instruction.
3. Is happy to offer video analysis as part of their sessions.

I realise that points 1 and 2 (and possibly 3) should really apply to any instructor. Sadly, my experience is that they often don't. If she ends up with another instructor whose approach is to talk at her and then just say follow me, it will likely be a complete waste of money.

Hope you can help.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
when you out St A. we'll be out there on the 18th march ill be booking with piste to powder
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Mother hucker, We get there the 18th as well. We've got a day booked with a piste to powder guide on the Thursday. I'm hoping to get the lessons booked for Monday afternoon and Wednesday morning.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Definitely Georg Scherfler at www.learn2ski.eu. He helped me with confidence and technique at a similar stage.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@RobMcQ, it gona be my 1st time in St Anton so I can't offer much advice. there is regular poster on her who goes by the name of Stanton, I pretty sure he'll know someone
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@EliSki, Thanks. I'll get in touch with Georg and see what he can offer.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Mother hucker, My first time in St Anton too. I'm really looking forward to it.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I know of a man who works for Schiscule Who’s very good.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@RobMcQ, I think the thing is to be clear with him about what you want.
St Anton has been my destination of choice for the last 10 years, including my first ever time on skis, and have had lessons with Georg for the last 5 of those. I also have a background in elite sport and most of my previous frustrations with ski school and other instructors is mainly frustration at myself as I am used to being very good at a sport and suddenly find myself struggling ( in my eyes anyway, my husband says I have am doing well). I skied with Georg at Christmas with a friend who declared himself a very bad student and he came back for a second lesson, so I guess that is as good a recommendation as you can get! Enjoy!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@EliSki, I've booked with Georg. Thanks again for the recommendation.

I'll try and remember to report back on the results in a couple of month's time!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
RobMcQ wrote:
@EliSki, I've booked with Georg. Thanks again for the recommendation.

I'll try and remember to report back on the results in a couple of month's time!

Hi RobMcQ,
I am heading to St. Anton in couple of weeks and looking for a private ski lessons. Found Georg as well, but would like to hear your feedback, if possible/if you made it with him last year.
Thanks in advance!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
New Generation receive good reviews
https://www.skinewgen.com/ski-schools/st-anton/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=gmb_st_anton
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy