Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Board Recommendation with Burton Step Ons

Poster: A snowHead
Having sold all my gear last year (as I knew I would be out of action for a while), I'm starting from scratch again (which is kind of a nice position to be in Happy

I'm pretty set on a new combo of Burton Step On's and Boots (my previous boots were Burton moto's), but I'm trying to work out which board I should get to go with that (perhaps reverse logic to normal here)!

My previous board was a Salomon Pulse and I struggled with it in all honesty, possibly the Hybrid Camber and almost certainly because I went slightly to big.

So this time round I'm thinking more along the lines of flat or positive camber and (mens) 150/151cm (as opposed to 156cm previously....what seemed like a small amount made a large difference).

From what I've read Step On's are fairly responsive, so not sure if that would impact me a great deal, but I'm just looking for something for plain old on-piste riding, nothing particularly adventurous for now. Also doesn't have to be particularly performance orientated, although this is technically an 'upgrade', our snow holidays are typically just that, with a bit of skiing / boarding, rather than the reverse, so although I'm not a beginner, I have never been down a black run.

I'm thinking I can probably get something suitable for sub £300, but happy to spend more if it comes highly recommended.

Also I appreciate its an open ended question, but it would be great to hear everyone's thoughts with those criteria!

Oh and as to why the step ons?

Essentially laziness!

We do a lot of trips to Poland, which typically involves far shorter runs than normal, so it would be great to just click in and go as I spend far more time strapping in than in a 'normal' resort in France/Austria etc!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We need your weight, foot size and your ability in a bit more detail - you sound like a low intermediate from what you've put. What has your instructor given you to work on? Any videos of you riding?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Weight:68kg, Size: UK 7.

The last couple of lessons I've had, the instructor essentially said more time on the slopes was the key and took the view that without spending more hours there wasn't anything radical that needed adjusting (with a slight caveat that...I was leaning back a little with the Salomon Pulse, hence once switching back to a rental (150cm), I found it much easier to engage the edge and was turning more confidently, getting my head/shoulders in a better position...so their logic was that after putting in a few hours with a board that I got on with better I would then be in a better place to analyse).

Sadly no videos.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Low intermediate is probably fair, I wouldn't suggest higher than that, given my lack of recent hours, you could put in a case for lower...but I would hope to pick things up again after a few runs.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
156cm sounds about right for your weight - the fact that you struggled with that 156 board previously makes me think you need more time on the slope. How long have you spent on a board in days/weeks in total? Are you pedalling correctly?

With a size 7 foot you don't want a wide board - that's a small foot actually - probably a small binding. Make sure you get someone to set up the overhang correctly.

I'm struggling to find anything exciting at under £300, but that's probably because I'm not googling very well. Anything with camber between the feet and a little rocker on the end with a mid stiffness should be fine - the domes should have a fair few to demo. Other profiles are available.

I'd try to stay away from real basic stuff like the Burton Process/Descendant - you might be disappointed with them just a few weeks into your riding.

Burton Custom
YES Basic
Jones Mountain Twin

Absolute Snow have a Rossi One in 153 for just under £300:

https://www.absolute-snow.co.uk/V/Rossignol_One_LF_Hybrid_Camber_Snowboard_153cm_2019-(198700)?Curr=GBP/?keyword=&gclid=CjwKCAjw8ZHsBRA6EiwA7hw_sUSH6nGiOLNYi-pa8nNbivcx83kXSBMiT6vLG7FG7MjKtM-Fe8mgUxoC6GAQAvD_BwE
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I don't mind going over £300, I sort of picked that number off the top of my head, it costs what it costs!

Well I first started boarding 10 years ago, no idea of total time, but I don't really put many hours in, so although I've been on plenty of 'ski holidays' I put in a fraction of the hours compared to most I'd imagine (also I do ski as well, so quite often do half and half or alternate trips...not the best strategy for staying constant, but I don't mind too much as I'm too old to worry about being a racer or anything like that Happy.

I don't doubt you're right about spending time on the slope, but I was able to go from my Salomon Pulse onto a shorter rental board (with a different camber profile) and was able to ride far more comfortably, so I do think the board was a factor to some degree at least.

Cool, that gets me started, I'd seen the Burton Custom on youtube, which seemed close to what I was thinking, will check out the others you mentioned too!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I would agree with adam and look at them 4 boards mentioned. If you demo them, then all the better.
I have rossi xv and one lf i use with stepons
Avoid rocker between the feet. Its a fvcking nightmare with stepons - sold my btx profile board because of it.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Tue 24-09-19 16:38; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've actually tried the Yes Basic with step-ons.. kindly borrowed off another snowhead for a couple of runs in the middle of a gale in Val Thorens.

My takeaway from it was that it was quite a responsive combination, more so than the generic hire kit I had that week anyway Very Happy My assumption was that it was coming mostly from the boots
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I picked up my Burton Step On's last season and paired them off with a YES Basic board and its been a really easy combo for a beginner/intermediate. On piste and off its more responsive especially heel edge, and you will notice the difference.

My wife paired her Step On's with a Salomon Wonder and the improvement in her confidence and riding was night and day over rental boards. Both boards last year were around your price point, so even better if you can pick up a last season board for even less then you budget.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ok that sounds promising and a good price point too.

I'm flexible with regards to budget, so whilst of course it would be great to come in under £300, I would happily spend more if there was a more expensive board that for whatever reason was more suitable.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
vjmehra wrote:
Ok that sounds promising and a good price point too.

I'm flexible with regards to budget, so whilst of course it would be great to come in under £300, I would happily spend more if there was a more expensive board that for whatever reason was more suitable.

maybe add in the yes basic decade

Just get a Rossi One or Yes Basic, its really splitting hairs.
http://www.angrysnowboarder.com/top-5-underappreciated-current-snowboards/
https://thegoodride.com/snowboard-reviews/yes-basic-2010-2020-snowboard-review/
https://thegoodride.com/snowboard-reviews/rossignol-one-lf-2010-2019-snowboard-review/

SUMMITS have an extra10 10% discount going atm.
2017/18 Rossi One LF 156cm works out at £252 with delivery
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
low intermediate is a far shot for a guy, for whom 156 beginners board pulse is to much.
are you sure you gonna get your hands on step on setup? They sell out FAST.
for a complete noob, light and small foot and spending time basically on bunny hill get this: https://www.absolute-snow.co.uk/V/Flow_Verve_Reverse_Camber_Snowboard_152cm_2018-(201328)
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

are you sure you gonna get your hands on step on setup? They sell out FAST.

Can't guarantee, will see if I get lucky on the UK release date.

Quote:

for a complete noob, light and small foot and spending time basically on bunny hill

Thats not really accurate though, I don't need to stay on green's. On a rental board I'm fine riding reds and blues...it was very specifically with the Pulse I struggled, hence I (and others on here suggested at the time), perhaps the issue could be the camber (different to rentals I would have ridden) and/or the size....that said having not ridden for the best part of 2 years...it could be a slow start back!!!

I know from testing, that by going to a different board I was riding 'normally' (for me) within minutes, so for whatever reason something wasn't clicking.

But cool, thanks for the link, will include that in my search.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rentals are mostly flat, pulse has mellow camber called flat out camber. The shittiest part on pulse is radial sidecut, it just sucks. My brother still has salomon sabotage with the same profile, a bit stiffer and has different sidecut and that board is great.

Getting down blues and reds doesn't say anything, how you do that says everything. A friend on his first day of snowboarding survived black run, on which we ended up accidently, but it was ugly, plowing on heel side edge all the way down.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

rentals are mostly flat, pulse has mellow camber called flat out camber. The shittiest part on pulse is radial sidecut, it just sucks.

Yeah that’s kind of my point I guess, ignoring exactly what aspect of the board I struggled with, it was just a constant struggle that I’ve never had with any other board. I’d never really paid attention previously, but the last couple of rentals had a flat profile and felt much better to me. But interesting you mentioned the sidecut, visually I thought it looked different to what I was used to, but I just dismissed that as a lack of knowledge on my part!

Quote:

Getting down blues and reds doesn't say anything, how you do that says everything. A friend on his first day of snowboarding survived black run, on which we ended up accidently, but it was ugly, plowing on heel side edge all the way down

Maybe I’m underselling myself slightly! I am competent in the sense that I wouldn’t be on one edge the whole time (well I’ve never tried a black so who knows...but on the terrain I ride I mean Happy

I link turns etc, so not a complete beginner (I have had lessons, not self taught so hopefully I have some semblance of technique)!

But I don’t out many hours in and definitely not recently, so I wouldn’t describe my level as particularly high!
snow report
you simply can't see the difference in sidecut geometry by the eye. You can see all sorts of magnetraction bumps ant raises, you also can see EQ rad sidecut of salomon, which is basically a few straight lines at different angles (not what you had on Pulse). But you can't see radial, quadratic, progressive sidecuts Wink not sure what you have been able to see there Very Happy

with experience you have and no intention to spend significantly more time on the snow than now, I wouldn't bother myself with 300+ priced snowboards, unless you dig the graphics a lot Very Happy Get the most comfy boots in THE RIGHT size, Burton step-on or any boots + flow bindings and a solid beginners board and you're golden.
http://youtube.com/v/Ch8Mv4WrWUs
snow conditions
kosmoz wrote:
you simply can't see the difference in sidecut geometry by the eye. You can see all sorts of magnetraction bumps ant raises, you also can see EQ rad sidecut of salomon, which is basically a few straight lines at different angles (not what you had on Pulse). But you can't see radial, quadratic, progressive sidecuts Wink not sure what you have been able to see there Very Happy

with experience you have and no intention to spend significantly more time on the snow than now, I wouldn't bother myself with 300+ priced snowboards, unless you dig the graphics a lot Very Happy Get the most comfy boots in THE RIGHT size, Burton step-on or any boots + flow bindings and a solid beginners board and you're golden.
http://youtube.com/v/Ch8Mv4WrWUs

Or as an alternative to Flow, look at the K2 rear entry bindings. I really like them, as a hybrid style binding, as I'm quite finicky, so didn't get on with flows (and also, who doesn't enjoy a bit of rear entry?).
snow report
K2 rear entry bindings suck dick big time compared to Flow. I have Flow NX2 for myself, bough K2 Cinch Tryst for my girlfriend, because Flows had only size L on sale and she has 36 (EU) size feet. The difference in quality is huge, it's easier to kick the boot in the binding with flow, close the back of the binding also is smoother and easier with flows. My girlfriend told she had a burn in the biceps after first day on the snow from closing the back of the binding.

Wouldn't recommend cheapest Flows, Alpha and Five. Get Fuse or NX2 with fusion strap, not hybrid, if you want ease of use and comfort, as well as performance, from your bindings.
snow report
kosmoz wrote:
K2 rear entry bindings suck dick big time compared to Flow. I have Flow NX2 for myself, bough K2 Cinch Tryst for my girlfriend, because Flows had only size L on sale and she has 36 (EU) size feet. The difference in quality is huge, it's easier to kick the boot in the binding with flow, close the back of the binding also is smoother and easier with flows. My girlfriend told she had a burn in the biceps after first day on the snow from closing the back of the binding.

Wouldn't recommend cheapest Flows, Alpha and Five. Get Fuse or NX2 with fusion strap, not hybrid, if you want ease of use and comfort, as well as performance, from your bindings.

Horses for courses, I guess. That's why it's worth trying different things to see what suits you. As I said, I prefer a more secure feel, as I'm quite finicky, so found Flows to be not as good in that respect. Many of my mates ride Flows, some of us use K2s. I wouldn't be so crass as to suggest Flows "suck dick", as that would be only my opinion of them and wouldn't be good advice to someone who has tried neither.
ski holidays
vjmehra wrote:
Weight:68kg, Size: UK 7.

The last couple of lessons I've had, the instructor essentially said more time on the slopes was the key

Quote:
Low intermediate is probably fair

Filling in the gaps you've been boarding for a while and maybe aren't progressing as much as you would like .......?

As regards board length 150ish is too short, and 156ish for your ability level may be stretching it a bit ....... so logically around 154 might be where to focus.

As regards particular boards the only thing to do is go out and ride some around that size and pick one you like ....... yes I know it can be a faff to organise, but if you do find the 'right' board you might be surprised how quickly you progress.

Or not, there are few givens, sorry.

Good luck.
ski holidays
Quote:

But you can't see radial, quadratic, progressive sidecuts not sure what you have been able to see there

I must be using the wrong term, I guess I just mean visually the shape looked noticeably different.

I was initially thinking of a beginner board, but the general consensus seemed to be perhaps one notch up.

Quote:

Or as an alternative to Flow, look at the K2 rear entry bindings. I really like them, as a hybrid style binding, as I'm quite finicky, so didn't get on with flows (and also, who doesn't enjoy a bit of rear entry?).

High five wink

One other thought I had was getting the boot/binding combo for now and just renting a board. A bit of a faff, but not that much and at least then I can get a better idea of options before diving in...
latest report
Quote:

Filling in the gaps you've been boarding for a while and maybe aren't progressing as much as you would like .......?

I have been boarding for a while, but as I put so few hours in I am not at the level that might be expected, given the year I started.

That said, I was perfectly happy with my riding up until I bought my own board, then it went backward until I went back to rental boards, ha!

You make some sensible sounding points though, am leaning more towards a bit more testing first now...
snow report
I would avoid rear entry if the reason for step on is down to lazyness (I got stepon's after having flow Fuse AT's for several years). rear entry has its own issues on certain terrain.

I would also not call OP a beginner. He has already stated he is linking turns.
IMO he is intermediate & now at that curve that requires practice. So he is rightly looking for a setup to last a number of weeks of boarding. That could be 1 week for the next 10 years, or it could be 10 weeks over the next 3 years.
Rossi One LF is a perfect board to grow with.
ski holidays
I wouldn't get too hung up on step ons, they look well implemented but unless you have an injury or are bit on the chunky side of things, it's really no big deal to bend down and do up a couple of straps. With a bit of practice it can be done standing in most situations. You still have to bend down to get out of a step on binding.

Going for strap ons Very Happy opens up so many more boots that you can use and that's about the most important part of your set up. Comfy feet and responsive turning. Usually works out cheaper too.
ski holidays
vjmehra wrote:
That said, I was perfectly happy with my riding up until I bought my own board, then it went backward until I went back to rental boards, ha!

That statement should be ringing alarm bells ...... you bought the wrong board.

My advice going forward would be specifically pick a trip, with whatever arrangement you can put in place locally, and ride as many boards as the shop(s) have ...... using the money you'd maybe paying for extra lessons to maybe fund it. Try to pick a time and destination when you're likely to get a variety of conditions, but can mostly get an edge into it.

I think that's maybe your biggest priority now ...... the confidence the 'right' board gives shouldn't be underestimated ....... but anyhow you'll have a better idea whether it's you or the equipment that's lacking .......

Some shops are happy to let you trial a variety of boards ...... on the understanding that you eventually buy one at the end of it.
ski holidays
Would not get Burton step-ons, this will put you in Burton's ecosystem. And you won't be able to try your friends boards for a run or two, and trying as many boards is the key for you at the moment.

So just try as many boots as you can get your hands on, get the most comfortable and the right size and you're ready to try as many boards rental has to offer. After this season you will know whats to like or not to like about rocker, flat, camber and anything in between and what you want in your life. Also you'll be travelling light Smile

You're 68kg, no way you have a big beer belly limiting you

Strapping in is easy. Getting in flows or k2s or sp fastec/gnu is even easier. I lock my back foot in flow's while sliding up on a drag lift and I was nowhere in a good shape while doing so, 180cm, 92kg, 94cm at the waist. Now stats updated to a more favorable, can't wait for a new season Very Happy
ski holidays
Hi everyone,

I’m new to snowboarding, but just got interested reading this and am quite interested in these Step Ons! Would make life a lot easier as I spend a lot of time adjusting my bindings in the snow dome!

Any negative feedback? They’ve never fallen out (accidentally unclipped) have they? I had a look in the shop and they look quite solid but I wondered if anyone who’s tried it knew or has heard anything. Very Happy

I’ve got tiny feet and am quite small-sized too so a small binding and a board like 138-142cm would suit I think. Of course I’m a newbie so I shouldn’t commit to anything too early should I? wink

PS: Sorry if I’m going off topic from the OP! Learning snowboarding is such hard work! snowHead
snow report
@aewynia,

There was issue with the cleats but burton fixed and sent replacements quite quickly.
Stepons are awesome. I dont think i could ever go back to ratchet and click setup
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
You say that you like flat based boards, although I normally ride camber I have 2 flat base boards that I really enjoy and wish I'd begun riding on one of those rather than several years on a camber board.

With smallish feet hzve a look at the Ride Machette and the K2 Turbodream which are both available at or under £300.
snow report
Quote:

I’m new to snowboarding, but just got interested reading this and am quite interested in these Step Ons! Would make life a lot easier as I spend a lot of time adjusting my bindings in the snow dome!

It’s worth checking out YouTube, there are a few reviews out there from the likes of Ryan Knapton, SnowboardProCamp (and others), with the pro’s and con’s. I mention those two as they’re pretty good and generally fairly balanced, but there are others too.

My motivation was purely down to the fact that where we go the runs are all really short, so strapping in is a pain, so frequently (I can do my bindings, whilst standing on most terrain, but the idea of being able to click in and go straight off the lift really appeals, especially as anyone else I’m with would be on skis). I would be less bothered if we were likely to go to a typical Alpine resort, with longer runs. However the reviews on the whole are pretty positive.

On another note, thank you everyone for all the advice so far. Differing views clearly, but the general consensus of try before you buy (if possible) makes sense.
snow conditions
I don't understand why year after year you go to Poland? Visiting mother in law + skiing/riding in one trip? If it's your backyard then it is what it is, and still your bunny hill is 5 times bigger than what I have in my backyard, getting down the slope takes like 45seconds, no pain in the ass getting strapped. Let's admit it, marketing got better of you and that's it.
snow report
When it comes down to binding choice, at this stage it's pretty much down to personal preference.. .

unless you're doing pretty hardcore stuff, normal strap bindings, rear entry/ slip on bindings or Step Ons are all fine

Buy what you like, and what your wallet allows Very Happy

@vjmehra, let us know what you go for in the end
ski holidays
@aewynia, welcome to the dark side!

We'll have you dropping in and riding epic lines off cliffs in no time! Toofy Grin Laughing

Step ons would be absolutely fine for you, though bear in mind it might be harder to hire kit. Traveling with your own bindings and attaching to hire boards could work. It's generally not encouraged to buy a board too early, until you have a better idea what you like, and hire shops of course only carry the basic strap setup .
latest report
@kosmoz, bit harsh and unnecessary.

@vjmehra, not board suggestion merely a tip to keep costs down. It's worth checking ebay, shpock and facebook marketplace (be sure to change the search area) for used board bargains. You'd be amazed at how many people try to get into snowboarding, buy all the kit, realise the first week catching your edge really hurts and then give up. It requires a bit of patience and flexibility on which board you finally buy.

For example; I managed to get a Nitro Team Exposure + Union Falcor Bindings used a handful of times by a beginner (who gave up) at a snowdome for £300. I only bought it because I wanted the bindings and thought I'd keep the board it as a spare park board. When I got it I was shocked at how little abuse it had suffered....didn't even need a wax!
latest report
LittleBullet wrote:
@kosmoz, bit harsh and unnecessary.

+1
snow report
Life is harsh, I'm realistic.

One have just so much time away from work to a skiing/riding trip, why waste it on Poland bunnyhill, when with just a fracture more $ Alps are doable?

Why waste money on step on system and limit yourself with binding options and pay premium for current season trendy stuff, when you have all other brands available, possible last season on sale, which will be compatible with virtually any bindings out there, also on sale. Money is no issue? Why Poland then?

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Thu 26-09-19 11:47; edited 1 time in total
snow report
kosmoz wrote:
Life is harsh, I'm realistic.

What are you looking to gain from this? Puzzled
snow report
aewynia wrote:
Hi everyone,

Any negative feedback? They’ve never fallen out (accidentally unclipped) have they? I had a look in the shop and they look quite solid but I wondered if anyone who’s tried it knew or has heard anything. Very Happy

I’ve got tiny feet and am quite small-sized too so a small binding and a board like 138-142cm would suit I think. Of course I’m a newbie so I shouldn’t commit to anything too early should I? wink

PS: Sorry if I’m going off topic from the OP! Learning snowboarding is such hard work! snowHead

We got our Step-On's last year, for the first 3 months our only use was Snowdomes, they make it so much less hassle that the difference was so nice in terms of time and hassle doing bindings every run.

Never unclipped, only issues had were user issues, getting used to the clipping in and getting out is down to the individual.
When we went to the slopes we never had an issue on lifts and no concerns about getting knocked and unclipped by accident, which was reassuring.

If you have such tiny feet then consider the Kids version, our daughter has a pair, size 3 I believe and are identical...just smaller Very Happy
snow report
Quote:

One have just so much time away from work to a skiing/riding trip, why waste it on Poland bunnyhill, when with just a fracture more $ Alps are doable?

You really don't like Poland or Burton do you!!!

As I've already said, we go for a snow holiday with a bit of skiing or boarding. We don't go on dedicated Ski holidays involving first lift up, last lift down, or anything resembling that. A small resort in Poland offers us value as although the skiing/boarding is limited, that's not really an issue, my daughter will be in ski school, my wife will be with a ski instructor and I'll do whatever I want really, maybe have a couple of 1:1 lessons, maybe just do a few runs on my own. With the resorts being so small, it means we are all close to each other, so can meet up very easily / get back in time.

We also do have friends and family there.

Its not everyone's cup of tea and pointless far hardcore skiiers/boarders, but thats not us, so its not really a problem.

Quote:

Why waste money on step on system and limit yourself with binding options and pay premium for current season trendy stuff, when you have all other brands available, possible last season on sale, which will be compatible with virtually any bindings out there, also on sale. Money is no issue? Why Poland then?

Thats a reasonable point (although bear in mind, if I was so inclined I could always hunt down last seasons step on's too).

I'm not fussed about the 'trend' element, otherwise I'd buy a board with the flashiest graphics at the highest price point and have a ton of Moncler gear to go with it (which I don't Happy

I'm looking for a specific product, for a specific purpose. It so happens Burton manufacture just that product! Do I need it? No, but then no-one needs to go snowboarding, or buy there own gear!

However I do take your point about being limited and I think that is justified, but then again, once I have my own gear, being limited isn't really the end of the world, its only before I buy than its problematic, constantly having to take bindings on and off again to try different boards.

Quote:

Let's admit it, marketing got better of you and that's it.

I've not seen too much marketing to be honest, I've seen plenty of good reviews (including positive comments on here) and very few negative ones. So from what I see, the product is suitable for what I'm looking for. I've looked at some video's talking about the potential draw backs too, which make a lot of sense, but I'm not looking to head off into deep powder for now, so I'm not too worried about that Happy

For someone at my (pretty low) level of riding, they seem like a decent product. Of course there are cheaper options, but they don't offer exactly the same, I'm prepared to pay the difference for the ability to step off the lift, click and go straight off with all the skiiers Happy

As to why would I pay extra for gear, but not splash out extra on a trip to France or wherever, well we're talking about an extra couple of hundred for Step Ons and say 3k (extra) to get a similar accommodation package so its not really a like for like comparison is it!
snow report
1. you won't find last season step-ons on sale, they were all sold in 5 minutes, very limited supply and high demand.
2. in almost any smaller french ski resort you will be skiing in the same bowl/valley with your family.
3. been to ukraine, bukovel, it was nice for a newbie for first three days (my first ever snowboarding holidays). I was bored on the 4th day, same few runs, crowd at the lines. Only food/beer prices were and still are very good. Same with poland. Every year same thing, 20 minutes lines on main lifts. I use ski tracking app, calculates everything, on last trip to 3valleys over 6 days I waited at the lift lines 40 minutes in total. End of January.
4. back to burton, every boot manufacturer makes their boots for a different feet form. There is no better or worse boots, they simply fit you or do not fit you. Features can wait, fit is the most important thing. if your feet is "burton compatible", than it's your call get regular or step on.
5. Don't see why you make such a deal of strapping in when riding so little. If you ride so little you can wear anything, even crocs, that won't be an issue. You can ride a bus/train standing for a few stops or take a nap on a chair, but you will appreciate comfy captain chairs on a long road trip and good mattress in your bedroom.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy