Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Carriage pitfall - Mark Warner

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ski Carriage - Mark Warner / BA

Hi all, I am new to SnowHeads. We have booked a holiday to Tignes via Mark Warner. Throughout the booking process, there was no option to select ski carriage. Whilst booking, but before finalising the booking we searched the website as to whether / how ski carriage could be booked and discovered that this was to be done once the booking was made by contacting customer services. Having subsequently contacted customer services to book ski carriage, and were informed that:-

1. We should have booked ski carriage online as part of the booking process; and
2. There is no room/allocation on the flight to book this via Mark Warner; and
3. We will have to book it at the airport and incur the extra charge!

Perhaps a warning box stating that ski carriage is not available would enable customers to factor in the additional cost / book elsewhere. rolling eyes

Has anyone else encountered this problem with Mark Warner? if so were you able to book your skis in at the flight desk and how much hassle and cost did this involve?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sounds like standard asshattery. Try a different customer service person or alternately just call the airline and sort it with them.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Where are you flying from and which airline with which aircraft, its not always as simple as you think....
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@doobeyboo,

If you’re travelling with BA, and assuming it’s a “normal” European destination, you need to have “Economy Plus” tickets as this will give you 23kg of luggage which can be made up of normal bags and ski bags of under 190cm (although my bag is longer and they never check it or even weigh it).

I don’t have any experience of the company you’ve booked through, however if they have already booked you on the flight, they should provide you with vouchers for the flight you’re booked on. You can then see wether you have economy or economy plus seats.

You CAN upgrade from one to the other, but I don’t know the costs involved. I have booked economy plus flights each time I’ve travelled over the last few years and at the time of booking flights to France/Italy/Switzerland the cost has been £10-£20 more each way. You might be able to use Avios to upgrade as this is quite common practice.

If you can’t do any of that, have a shout at your operator Laughing
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We had the situation a few years ago where the TO "claimed" that the flights were BA and we had made the assumption that normal BA terms would apply and be able to add ski carriage as normal. Unfortunately after booking we discovered that the flight was a charter operated by BA so didn't come under standard BA terms so we weren't able to add.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@doobeyboo, welcome to snowheads. This comes up on here every year and think it comes down to whether it’s a normal scheduled or charter flight. If normal fligh then ski carriage is included as your 1st piece or checkers luggage upto 23(?)kgs. If chattered then it comes down to rules at checkin which sometimes just get treated as normal. 1st step is to find out the flight number to check which category the flight falls into.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
As DotM says, sounds like asshattery. I'd keep contacting MW several times a day until they give you a legitimate solution
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ski Carriage can be chosen during the booking process as a ‘Flight Extra’ - £25pp per flight. This section is on the same webpage as choosing your flight.
The flights will probably be charter flights.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have also booked a last minute holiday/ Black Friday discounted holiday with Mark Warner leaving Sunday 8th December. I had planned to book online and as @doobeyboo found , there was not an option to book ski carriage online. Rather than continue with the online booking I decided to book by telephone and was advised that there was no ski carriage left available for this flight (BA from LGW)

Mark Warner's BA flights are charter flights. We did contemplate winging it by turning up at Gatwick with skis and trying to book on the day.

In the end we decided to pre-book ski hire via Alpinresorts.com 5 star(black/gold) level ski at approx. £45 per set of skis for 6 days, which given MW charge £115 for ski hire or £50 for ski carriage (when available!) feels like a good deal and avoids any anxiety at the airport
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Welcome to snowHeads @Fastband, snowHead
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy