Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfers - Dolomites

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I realise I may be searching for something that doesn't exist, but contemplating a last minute booking of a short trip after Christmas. Does anyone have any words of wisdom about transfers from Venice to the Dolomites? I'm assuming that this may be a deal-breaker as taxis will probably be too expensive (and we won't be travelling the traditional Sat-Sat when ski buses tend to run), but if anyone knows anything, it will be someone here!
Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@WoottonBecs, I always end up hiring a car.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
transfer companies (not used them..)

https://www.cortinaexpress.it/en/

https://www.flyskishuttle.com/en/
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks! My google search only returned taxi companies (maybe because I have googled extensively for taxi transfers in Austria over the past few days, so perhaps it thinks I'll only travel by taxi!)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@WoottonBecs, how many of you travelling?

Last couple of years I have used gettransfer to organise a mini bus for a group of us which works out not too bad price wise but there were 6 or 7 of us.

Taxiwise I think others have been positive about venicecab but as you say it is more pricey.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@WoottonBecs, do you know where you’d be going to in the Dolomites? Any preferences? Or is that yet to be decided?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@WoottonBecs, @albob has already mentioned Cortina Express, from their website you'll see that in addition to the direct service to Cortina d'Ampezzo that by changing busses once you arrive at the Cortina bus station they also serve the Alta Badia resorts (Armentarola, San Cassiano, La Villa, Corvara and Colfosco).

Also some of the individual resorts arrange their own transfer service e.g Arabba has its own transfer service website https://www.arabba.it/en/information/arabba-transfer/45-0.html and the Civetta area resorts (Alleghe, Selva di Cadore and Val di Zoldo) https://www.dolomiti.org/en/transfer/
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
johnE wrote:
@WoottonBecs, I always end up hiring a car.

+1
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It really depends on where you are going, if you are going to the south Tyrolean side of the mountains, it's a pain in the neck - the only place you can do is Arabba and even that is not really South Tirol officially. I always recommend to guests coming in to Venice to rent a car, but please please make sure that your car is as well equipped as possible - snow tyres if at all possible, but the problem is usually that they say you will have them and when you get there you find out that you don't and they won't put them on, and will only give you chains. Also be aware that diesel becomes gel in cold temps so if you get a diesel car, ask them for a fuel wintersation mix so you don't run into problems. Check the chains are the correct size, make sure they haven't ziptied the box shut and they are not broken. Also if possible check that the antifreeze has antifreez in it! These are all things our guests have run into as a problem! Also be aware that this year the passes are by and large absolutely blootered in snow so you will need those preparations!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy