Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recommendations for a kids back protector?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've seen a few Snowheads threads about this, but I haven't found anything in the last year or two. Any new thoughts (or discounts/deals) on back protectors for kids?

My son is nearly 11 years-old and he's going on the Snoworks junior race training course in Decemeber (Tignes). We may also do some racing in Switzerland next February. So while I think back protectors are still optional at his level, he's rapidly getting to the point where they will be mandatory and I think I may as well get him one now.

It sounds like @valais2 has used the POC vests with his kids, and that's been successful. I've also seen the Dainese vest mentioned but I can't find that one on the Dainese website any longer. And in the meantime, it looks like Decathlon is making one that looks superficially like the POC version for £25. Anyone have experience with that one?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'll just add, for those who are browsing threads, that these are the back protectors I've found so far:

The POC "POCito" vest on Alpinetrek.
The POC mesh vest on POC's website.
A new model from POC called the VPD Air Vest also on the POC site.
Here's one from Salomon on Amazon.
And finally, the WEDZE vest from Decathlon.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@diaphon, I'm not a kid but do wear a back protector for racing.

Mine is a flexible Slytech one with a waist belt. It came with shoulder straps but have removed them as they just wrinkled up under my race suit.

A vest style probably works best if you are just wearing a normal ski jacket but I would think that it would feel bulky under a race suit. If your kid gets serious then they will need a proper race suit.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My kids have the Salomon ones. I got them from Ekosport. They are great and the kids find them comfy. They love wearing them.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
diaphon wrote:
I'll just add, for those who are browsing threads, that these are the back protectors I've found so far:

The POC "POCito" vest on Alpinetrek.
The POC mesh vest on POC's website.
A new model from POC called the VPD Air Vest also on the POC site.
Here's one from Salomon on Amazon.
And finally, the WEDZE vest from Decathlon.

Could add Evoc to the list.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
My kids have the POC POCito vest and while we’re happy with them my eldest wish they had a waistbelt to keep it in place.

The vest material is very stretchy and she is a bit tall and skinny so doesn’t fill it out. Apart from that we would highly recommend.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The Decathlon one does have a waist belt as well so you could always cut away the vest bit if you found that it got in the way.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for your thoughts, everyone! I'm going to try the Decathlon one for now, since it has a belt and it's cheap. If the kid decides he's really going to race, we'll upgrade to a full racing suit and probably the Salomon protector.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy