Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Champoluc to Pila

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I’m off to Champoluc in three weeks for the third time and will ski for four days. I love the place but would really like a day in another resort. I’ve skied La Thuile, Courmayer and Cervinia so Pila is the obvious choice.
Has anyone don’t this day trip and if so did you get a taxi and was it expensive?
Thanks.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Why? It is more than an hour drive and taxi I guess would be circa 100 one way. If you got 4 days only head to Pila. Although it snowed so much that conditions up top should be perfect.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@maddness, I'm guessing what @mooney058, said. €200 for what? Find some friends and do a heli drop would be better value.

Why do you need a day in another "resort"? Just try a new restaurant. E.g. Punta Jolanda. Very nice.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Never done it but there’s bound to be a bus but will take some time.
I’ve skied a lot at both champoluc and pila and have to agree in the context of a four day trip I wouldn’t waste a day as there’s a lot to do from champoluc.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If it’s too much hassle then I probably won’t bother, it’s just an idea and I like the idea of skiing somewhere new for the day
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Last January I went out with a mountain guide and he took to places I have never been before despite skiing in the area for the last couple of years in a row. Still lots to discover
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mooney058 wrote:
Last January I went out with a mountain guide and he took to places I have never been before despite skiing in the area for the last couple of years in a row. Still lots to discover

This. a day spent on guiding is worth it - espcially if you don't mind off-piste, there's loads in the monterosa. Go for lunch in the Orestes Hutte.

If you do need to go to another "resort" what abot Atagnod or Brusson (Estoul), much closer to Champoluc - but much smaller than Pila
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@maddness, another option all be it an expensive one. Helicopter to the col below castor or the col du lys, 4000m. ski down into zermatt, back up the lift system to the cervina system, ski down to st jacque just up the valley from champoluc.
So two extra resorts.
Around 350 euro. One of my best ever days skiing.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jbob, that sounds perfect but I’m not sure the others with me would be able for it. I think a guide is the way to go.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy