Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resort suggestions near Geneva apres and reasonable area

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I'm going. Away for a long weekend with a group of 40 somethings In January. We have booked flights to Geneva already and are now looking at a resort.

Few criteria trying to meet and I'm struggling to tick all boxes so it may be the place doesn't exist but thought it was worth tapping into the knowledge on here.
- reasonable apres. Not going to be out till 6am but want a bit of life
- preferable bars at bottom of slope. We all like to ski/board to a bar
- under 2hr from geneva
- reasonable size ski area with a bit of offpiste

All are competent so doesn't need to be beginner friendly. Was looking at Chamonix but not keen on how spread the area is.

Any ideas/suggestions

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Morzine, Avo, Flaine, La Clusaz, GrandBo, even Combloux, Megève all under 1h20 from Geneva airport and good sized.

If you stretch to 2h30 you could even try Verbier but in that case just go to 3V!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'd suggest Morzine for your criteria. Quite a few bar and apres options, access to the whole PDS area, and under 2hrs transfer time.

https://www.powderbeds.com/france/morzine/apres-ski
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
patrick! wrote:
Morzine, Avo, Flaine, La Clusaz, GrandBo, even Combloux, Megève all under 1h20 from Geneva airport and good sized.

If you stretch to 2h30 you could even try Verbier but in that case just go to 3V!

Verbier transfer is 2hrs with Alpine Express etc. The drive takes about 1h45 out of rush hour.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@therock, a group of 40-somethings, or a group of 40, somethings. Makes a big difference...

How many people and why do we need to know their ages?

Almost anywhere would work. Chamonix need not be discounted. Verbier should be included.

I'd probably agree with Fixx on Morzine as its reasonably PdS centrally - not so much as Avoriaz but accom possibly easier (I haven't booked anything in Avoriaz since 1991, when I was contracting apartments from P&V in bulk).

Morzine has the group advantage that more or less all the skiing returns into town (by bus from Ardent or Prodains) but keeping the herd together might be easier.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks all.

@under a new name, yes sorry. 40 somethings and 40, somethings very different. 5 of us in all. So not a large group.

Age is not particularly relevant but my idea of apres is a little different from 20 years ago. Which is why I included age.

Is Verbier significantly more expensive than Morzine?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Is Verbier significantly more expensive than Morzine?

depends on your definition of "significantly" but I'd say you would notice the difference

Morzine seems the most obvious answer to me.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The OP said
Quote:

We all like to ski/board to a bar

You can only really do that in Morzine if you come down the Pleney side? Otherwise it is bus or SM gondola. That said I do like Morzine as a long weekend destination.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy