Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ordinary travel insurance with carte neige

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, firstly I hope everyone has a good ski season.
We are going to France for 1 month, driving, staying in resort but skiing probably 2 days a week max.will ordinarily travel insurance with carte neige be sufficient should we need repatriation or just buy the usual winter sports insurance.
Thank you
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sorry, carre neige!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have friends who do this without any problems. The only problem may be brexit and the cancelling of EHICs
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I believe that carre neige includes repatriation. Check the terms and conditions online. If your travel insurance doesn't cover winter sports you would not be covered for anything to do with an injury caused by winter sports so no repatriation
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes I wondered whether repatriation with an injury caused by skiing (having been taken off mountain with CN) would be covered by non winter sports insurance
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Normal insurance that includes winter sports does not cover extreme sports... so if you plan in off piste, tobbogan, snow mobiles, etc. Best check your policy wording.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
No, not looking for off piste but just trying to establish whether Carre Neige includes repatriation to UK
We usually buy full winter sports insurance but will not be skiing much this time
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@susieski, you can check with your insurance company, but in my view if you had an injury caused by winter sports then, even if you were taken off the mountain by CN, your other insurance would not cover you any further for issues arsing from your injury - unless it covers you for winter sports activity anyway. in other words, I agree with @holidayloverxx.

FWIW, I usually take out Carre Neige when I go skiing in addition to my winter sports travel insurance and ehic - on the basis that it costs little, and could save hassle if needing to be taken off the mountain.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

No, not looking for off piste but just trying to establish whether Carre Neige includes repatriation to UK

yes it does. However if you are killerd then it will only contribute 1500 euros to your coffin.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for replies
I suspect we will do the usual and buy ski cover plus carre neige , rather over covered than under.
Have a good one peeps
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy