Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easter location with lots of non-skiing activities

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am looking for a good location for Easter holiday that will include skiing, but will not be centered around it.

What I need is a pedestrian friendly town or village in a sunny valley with beautiful scenery, authentic feel, good food and lots of non-skiing activities like spa (an absolute must have from Mrs. O), mtb, rafting, hiking, offroading, adventure trails, etc.

Of course it must have an easy access to reliable Easter skiing.

Brides-Les-Bains comes to mind. Any other recommendations? Doesn't have to be France.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Noting that Easter is early this year and earlier next year.

Several spa towns in Pyrenees. Snow might get a bit warm in afternoons though.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Orange200, Any specific recommendations for Pyrenees? Warm afternoon snow is not a problem snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Evian
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@WindOfChange, thanks, I am assuming you mean an ~1h drive to Avoriaz for skiing?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
No - Chatel, nearer and better.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Orange200, Easter is fairly late this year (11th of april). My suggestion would be a town such as bourg st Maurice or briancon but I have no idea about spars
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Does it have to be Europe? The last few years we’ve had fantastic Easter trips to Banff. More activities than you can throw a stick at
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Oleski wrote:
I am looking for a good location for Easter holiday that will include skiing, but will not be centered around it.

What I need is a pedestrian friendly town or village in a sunny valley with beautiful scenery, authentic feel, good food and lots of non-skiing activities like spa (an absolute must have from Mrs. O), mtb, rafting, hiking, offroading, adventure trails, etc.

Of course it must have an easy access to reliable Easter skiing.

Brides-Les-Bains comes to mind. Any other recommendations? Doesn't have to be France.

There is a bacterial infection at the BLB spa and it's currently closed. They were bringing in large storage tanks for the waters last week so they can restart treatments (or whatever is done at spas) , but I don't know when it will reopen.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@johnE, fair comment, I always thought that was relatively early, but online shows me the mid-point is about 8-9 April...

@Oleski, The only place I've been is Soldeu/El Tarter. The architecture is not pretty but in Andorra La Vella, 30 mins drive away, is a huge thermal complex, Caldea (I've never been) https://www.caldea.com/en/ . In France nearby is Ax 3 Domaines, including Ax les Thermes; not sure what snow is like at Easter.

Edit to add: a quick look suggests Barèges is good.
http://cieleo-bareges.com/page/3/cieleo

Banff is awesome but the plane tickets probably cost more Smile

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Mon 27-01-20 18:26; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Zermatt.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I haven't been to too many places in the Alps so my suggestion may not be the best. Still...

I was at St Moritz a few years back, on Easter week. There's lots of spas. Lots of shops to walk around for window shopping (or real shopping if the wallet allows). The train to the neighboring villages are quite convenient. Skiing on 2nd week of April was perfectly fine.

The only thing that makes me hesitate is there was still a lot of snow even at the village level! So I suspect mtb and off-roading probably not quite open at that time of year.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Mon 27-01-20 17:54; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Grindelwald.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy