Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

replacement for norrona lofoten warm 2 fleece

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
i've lost my favourite fleece, an ultraviolet norrona lofoten warm 2. i'm kicking myself for not buying an extra one in their outlet sale and now they don't make them any more.

any suggestions for a high loft, extra warm but not bulky full zip fleece. slim fit ideally?

thanks in advance.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Other brands will have a Polartec highloft versions that are very similar ie Rab Patagonia come to mind with this one
You only have two questions to answer that matter alot ,first is the new item a correct fit ,second is the cost ok .
After that its all personal preferance and availability.

The warm 2 was polartec highloft and polatec power dry breathable sides

http://youtube.com/v/HPt1Wo9C46U

http://youtube.com/v/9TFzru_hivU

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 21-11-19 11:41; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks for this.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
https://www.norrona.com/en-GB/products/falketind/falketind-thermal-pro-highloft-jacket-men/

Make sure too check the alternative items down the page as well .

With Arcteryx Norrona Rab Patagonia and other similar items you pay alot at rrp
You will find alot of other people long term buy three sub standard items for whatever reasons spending more money anyway .
A outlet store near by would be great for fitting I would love too visit one .
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@maxhowarth, I'd be potentially looking at say the Arc' Atom? Synthetic down, wider (ime) range of temps than fleece.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@maxhowarth, What size you after?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The Arc Atom isnt the same item .
You would use the Atom Lt over the high loft item if needed .

The high loft is a max warmth too weight item for cold weather and breathability .

Which is exactly what the guy in the Norrona link is shown doing as he puts a Norrona similar item to the atom over the high loft item.

All are great items without a doubt .
Wish I had a outlet store to visit but in some ways its better without as you buy on want...not need .
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Oh my word, @Tirol 164, have I been doing it all wrong up till now? I bet my skis are back to front and the boot pain is down to them being on the wrong feet.

I find that my Atoms (of which I have 2) are way better than my high loft fleece (MH Monkeyman). Not quite as warm, so it does get the occasional outing, but the Atoms are just so good in such a wide range of temps. Hence my suggestion.

If you really want max heat to weight, it's down, down all the way.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The only person suggesting your doing it wrong is you .

Your initiating a circle debate which is pointless regarding layering temps heights exertion wind .

The items are different the market will continue to lead its customers .

Polartec high loft thermal pro has a max warmth to weight ratio it packs down real good and doesnt have high exertion dampness issues that down has during physical exertion .

Alpha is another delevoped in conjunction with US military elite to look at ..those good ol boys like Arcteryx too but theyre not ever using high st down because its not functional when damp or wet its also costly and fragile (the outer rips .)

If you want to cover any type insulation with say Rab Pertex or Acrteryxs own Atom LT 20 denier tyono shell version over its coreloft it becomes another item to use in a laying system choice .

Versas just buying the insulation item in short with no pertex or tyono shell or outer harder layer.
This is where the circle convo never ends the market will make certain of that

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Thu 21-11-19 18:58; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
under a new name wrote:

I find that my Atoms (of which I have 2) are way better than my high loft fleece (MH Monkeyman). Not quite as warm, so it does get the occasional outing, but the Atoms are just so good in such a wide range of temps. Hence my suggestion.

If you really want max heat to weight, it's down, down all the way.

I love my Atom LT, but I don't use it in the way I do a fleece. Atom is great as a mid-layer in places like Japan or when it's -20°C, blowing a hoolie and you know you won't be getting too hot. Great thing about fleece is the lack of windproofing, so you can dump heat quickly just by opening your shell zips, or taking oyur shell off. You (I, anyway) have to actually take the Atom off to dump heat effectively, despite it being very breathable for an insulation piece.

Obviously depends on the person. My gf feels the cold much more and barely ever gets too hot, so she uses her Atom for skiing more often than I do.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@clarky999, You are quite right, it is a personal thing.

I find the Atom sheds heat quite fine, whereas a fleece can do so too quickly - i.e. getting a bit chilly on a long chair. And it seems so much better to me than fleece in the significantly wider range of temperatures it keeps me happy in.

What I truly don't understand is @Tirol 164's suggestion of putting an Atom (or analogue) over said high loft fleece. You would definitely be into serious coldness there! "Buddy, the nitrogen's liquid again".
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy