Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rivington Alpine for Ski Boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Absolutely brilliant, top class service from here by these guys, with the fitting for both of us being done by Andy so a special mention to him.

Assessment and analysis of our feet; selection of a few different shells and then carefully narrowing down to the best one; footbed moulding (we both wear orthotics, even in every day shoes) and then heat moulding the shells to get a perfect fit.

Result - the most comfortable boots ever!! It almost feels as though you aren't wearing ski boots! Can't wait to start skiing in them. snowHead

Yes, it took a bit of effort to get here - we live 2 and a half hours away (made easier by having a motorhome and there being a campsite within ten mins drive from RA) but it's been absolutely worth it.
We never felt rushed...the opposite, in fact.. we were encouraged to take time to let whatever shell we were trying to adapt to our legs but the hours passed pleasantly because, as well as being highly accomplished boot fitters, Andy and Graham are lovely, easy-to-chat-with people.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd second this - bought boots from Rivington Alpine about a year ago and had a superb experience.

Small shop run by clearly passionate skiing fans, who are great at what they do. As Scamper said, I was encouraged to take my time and after a discussion about my skiing style, and a lot of measurements, recommended two boots that he thought would suit my needs. I think the thing that stuck in my mind most from the experience was, after trying both pairs on (and them being equally well fitting/comfortable), he advised me to pick the second pair because "they're both pretty similar, but this pair is £150 cheaper". Great to know you're getting such an honest service, especially when many would have tried to flog the more expensive pair in that situation. He also used my existing moulded insole from my old boots, as he said it was still in good condition, another nice honest touch.

I ended up with a pair of K2 Spyne 130's and they are excellent - a superb fit, and exactly the right level of stiffness for my size/skiing.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy