Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

180s off a kicker

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm just learning freestyle and was wondering - when you're doing a 180 off a kicker do you take off switch or regular?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Can be easier to land on your stronger stance so suggest riding switch as much as possible.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ah, the joy of snowboarding, 4 options just to spin 180! Very Happy I think you gotta practice them all.

Landing regular may be easier, but how are your ollies or pops when riding switch for the take off?

Collective wisdom seems to be to try frontside first, whether launching regular or switch...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
can be switch or regular. For a beginnger most learn regular first, it's difficult to learn to ride switch confidently enough to hit kickers with any speed.

frontside 180 tends to be the one most people learn first. Then again I learnt backside 1s first and to this day find 'landing blind' easier.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
From teaching, people tend to like switch front 1s as a first spin off a kicker. They're definitely more confident landing regular than landing switch.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@boisdevie, I would do it the same way that you do your butter nose roll.
Personally I found these easiest switch front, before getting them down regular.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy