Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Socks on wrong feet?

Poster: A snowHead
I've just treated myself to a pair of marino blend from Wedze socks, and I've found a "R" on one of them and an "L" on the other.
Wow, Left and right sox!
It got me thinking thats ski socks could foot specific, and I've checked my Falke socks and the are marked R & L as well.
Now I'm wondering, have I been wearing my socks on the wrong feet half the time for the last few years.... or at least since we have had Right and left ski socks
and has it been the cause of my crappy ski technique.

Any ideas?
This has been bothering me for weeks now.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yep, totally wrong.

You'll have to ski switch everywhere to balance them out, or southern hemisphere only Very Happy

You'd also destroy your ying / yang balance if you continue unchecked, stop it right now Laughing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I always thought that the L and R on socks was so posh, but I think in ski socks or hiking socks then they are padded in different places?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I recently bought a pair of bridgedale merino hiking socks and was confused by the "L" on the bottom of BOTH feet.
I am a stickler for adhering to the convention of left and right when it comes to clothing (and driving for that matter); I have always worn my shoes and gloves on the feet and hands they were designed for. So when buying pairs of ski socks adorned with "L" and "R", I instantly became accustomed to correctly sliding them onto the appropriate feet; so my instant reaction to the bridgedale pair was - understandably - disgust.
How could they send me two left feet?! What am I supposed to do? Walk round in circles? Buy another pair in the hope that I receive two "R"s?!

But after ten seconds of rationalising, L= Large.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Arch support and pressure points have extra comfort.
Picked up sports socks today that had such gimmick
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thomasski wrote:
I recently bought a pair of bridgedale merino hiking socks and was confused by the "L" on the bottom of BOTH feet.
I am a stickler for adhering to the convention of left and right when it comes to clothing (and driving for that matter); I have always worn my shoes and gloves on the feet and hands they were designed for. So when buying pairs of ski socks adorned with "L" and "R", I instantly became accustomed to correctly sliding them onto the appropriate feet; so my instant reaction to the bridgedale pair was - understandably - disgust.
How could they send me two left feet?! What am I supposed to do? Walk round in circles? Buy another pair in the hope that I receive two "R"s?!

But after ten seconds of rationalising, L= Large.

Na, you bought a multipack for someone with a missing right leg.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you inadvertently put the socks on the wrong feet you can rectify the situation by swapping your boots too, L & R, job done.

But as Wedze are Decathlon, french, are they marked G & D?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Thomasski I was having huge sympathy there for you, till your last Line ... L=Large. Duuh!
But its a mistake any of us could make.
I was thinking if I was a sock designer I would have coloured tips on the socks ...
Red for Port,
Green for Starboard.

Watch out for socks like this in the near future at a TK-Max near you.
Remember where you saw it first.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
anyone for pants from the supplier of rodeo ski gear? Very well labelled. Toofy Grin
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@DrLawn, Since most people I believe have toes of different sizes, with strangely the big toe being the biggest one, having socks were the longest section is in middle, as is the case with ‘normal’ socks, seems to be poor design, with the only customer benefit being you don’t have to check which sock is going on which foot. It is of course a major benefit for the manufacturers who only have to make ‘one’ sock design, rather than two rolling eyes

On a similar note, I recently tried on some Bontranger cycling shoes/boots, and they were oval toed so by the time you found a pair long enough to accommodate your big toe, the rest of the boot was too big.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
endoman wrote:
anyone for pants from the supplier of rodeo ski gear? Very well labelled. Toofy Grin

Nice vintage line there Very Happy

Presumably you mean "Coats an Ats" that shop long since departed UK retail.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ski3 wrote:
endoman wrote:

Nice vintage line there Very Happy

Presumably you mean "Coats an Ats" that shop long since departed UK retail.

Indeed.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Join the SCGB advanced members scheme and take advantage of their in-resort valet guiding service so you never dress yourself wrong again! Book an appointment with Chauncey in Meribel before Nov 30 and get a free 1 hr session to finally work out if Sir dresses to the left, right, both or be-twixt!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
There was a person who returned to the rental shop and complained that they had given him two right skis.
He pointed to the R on the tips.
They were Rossignols.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
the shop that left UK retail is still in German retail
clearly some people still don't know which way around to put their knickers Wink

can't believe one would accidentally put Falke ski socks on the wrong way round - they would certainly be all wrong
same for the trekking socks, but they'd be a bit less wrong

but then saying that, at least 2 sH have managed to put their ski boots on the wrong feet (christ knows how!), so I guess anything is possible
snow conditions
andy wrote:

but then saying that, at least 2 sH have managed to put their ski boots on the wrong feet (christ knows how!), so I guess anything is possible

My son did that a couple of times, when he was 7 years old Laughing
latest report
I had some hockey socks which were footed. Unfortunately I bought new pair for a new area (for the colour of team) and they had given me two rights in the pack but only realised in the changing room. Had no choice to wear and then return as I had no other socks in the correct colour for the match! Thankfully the shock was understanding and still exchanged.
snow conditions
Why just ski socks? Why not boarder socks?
There is a major assumption here that skiers know their L from their R. Does that mean that boarders don't? or is it that skiers need to be told which sock goes on which foot?
snow report
If your wife/girlfriend buys her underwear from >here< you'll probably fond she has C & A on her knickers Toofy Grin

(aaah - I see already mentioned by @ski3, @endoman , @andy et. al.)
snow conditions
Timc wrote:
Why just ski socks? Why not boarder socks?
There is a major assumption here that skiers know their L from their R. Does that mean that boarders don't? or is it that skiers need to be told which sock goes on which foot?

Wouldn't boarder's socks be labelled B & F for back and front? You'd have to wear them orientated dependant on riding goofy or not Very Happy
ski holidays
@randyw, I had a guest, once, back in the days of rear entry boots, who complained at lunchtime that his feet were in agony but the boots had felt fine in the shop ...

... he'd put them on the wrong feet ...

True story.
latest report
Heaven only knows what would happen if you put them on inside out too. Shocked
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy