Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

head shape three vs supershape magnums

Poster: A snowHead
I'm an intermediate skier, mainly on piste looking to kick on a bit from the lower end ski rental market.
I'm carving pretty well, but on the wrong side of 40 so not flying too quickly.

I'm looking at a pair of supershape magnums, and wondering if they would be wasted on me and I should just go for a pair of head shape threes. Any one any opinions? I guess the question is - can Skis be too good!

Many thanks snowheads!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
personal opinion is always to go for the better ski as you're more likely to enjoy growing into it that growing out of it.

have skied the titans, big bro of the magnums, and they were ace. really nice and powerful out of the turn but not too demanding.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jembir, i have a pair of magnums for sale in a 177 if your interested...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
nice of you to offer - but 177 not my size. How did you find them?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think they're a great ski. Love mine. Skiied about 18 weeks over 20 years and am confident strong intermediate skiier
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
jembir, love em but have moved on to Titans which i love just a bit more....
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jembir, don't be put off by the rather strange information on the HEAD website.

I have the i.Superhape Speed, which HEAD describes as follows:

Speed: superfast [it's fully capable of my fastest speeds with complete stability, but "superfast"?]
Skill: top skiers [nonsense]
Terrain: racing slopes, steep slopes [I don't race at all, I'm a 41 year old 2 week per year recreational skier]
Style: excellent skiing technique [I'm a high level intermediate, possibly advanced, piste skier]
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jembir, I have the Mags and love them. I've skied the Titan too I think I'm right in saying the Magnums and the Titans have the same turn radius and being wider underfoot are no doubt a better all rounder. I'd have to ski them back to back to really offer a better opinion.

The Magnums are very easy to get on with at low speeds, which makes them flattering for those at your level. You probably won't get the most out of the but can certainly grow with them. If you really work them they are awesome fun and just scream for more!

I'd say they're ideally suited to a upper intermediate, or a bulky lower intermediate would also be well suited on them.

I have the 2011 177's.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skimottaret, how old are they, what condition are they in, when could i get them and how cheap Smile
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Curtains, another SH picked up on this and is considering... can you wait a bit till he makes up his mind ?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I can - will you send me a pm with the answers, I'm off doing my level 2 next weekend and think magnums would suite instaed of hiring out there, any thoughts?

I'm already taking my SL skis but only for fun on my days off as they are !^% and i'm 6ft Smile
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Curtains, they would be ideal i would think... I did my L3 tech on em and they were fine for BASI duties... I am 6'4" and 99kg ( inhaling a lot)
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Curtains, I'll have 2 sets of Titans for sale in 2 weeks time, one set @177 one set @163, both 2010/2011 model year with Freeflex Pro 14 bindings, both had 4 weeks use, great condition.

Only reason I'm selling them is I have 2 new sets on order.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Spyderman, First dibs on the 177cm's?!?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Spyderman wrote:
Curtains, I'll have 2 sets of Titans for sale in 2 weeks time, one set @177 one set @163, both 2010/2011 model year with Freeflex Pro 14 bindings, both had 4 weeks use, great condition.

Only reason I'm selling them is I have 2 new sets on order.

How mucho for the 177s? Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Curtains, sorry but sold this weekend....
snow conditions
Grizwald wrote:
jembir,
The Magnums are very easy to get on with at low speeds, which makes them flattering for those at your level.

Eh? I've been on Magnums now for two seasons, I reckon that they're hard work at low speeds. Wind 'em up a bit and they rip. Magnums track and hold edge like a freight train.

I'm 47yo and a tidy, charging carver. Cool
snow conditions
another thumbs up for the Titans, they just love a bit of carving.

over 40 and only in my 4th season, class myself as intermediate and they're not too much unless you're a beginner
snow report
Hello, folks.

I recently skied on Head shape three and was very happy with them. After checking online it seems that they are hard to find. Do you know of a place i can buy a pair or what is a direct replacement for them? The size i am after is 160cm. I am also interested in buying Head Next Edge 75 boots, size 28.5.

Thank you.

Simeon
latest report
Quote:

I recently skied on Head shape three and was very happy with them. After checking online it seems that they are hard to find.

The Head Shape 3 skis appear to be a cheap line of skis for the rental market from around 2009-2012 (possibly replaced by the Shape 72 skis). They might have been recently updated but probably the only place you'll find some is the ex rental market on ebay (where there seems to be plenty of them).
snow conditions
Oh... this is quite an old thread, but I picked up on the title.

I've tried the magnums for about 10 days now and I like them.
I dont own a pair I either demo'd them or rented them.

I really got ontop off their carve the last day I used them as the piste was "pitch perfect" for fast carving.

I've not tried the Titans so I dont know about them.

But I have tried a pair of Head World Cup Rebels i.Race, and they were just a disaster for me, I just could not ride them.

Perhaps they had to be driven by racers using old school technique .. which I have been trying to forget for the past 20 years.

I don't know what a Head Shape three is, perhaps its historic now as this thread started 6 years ago, and I recognise at least @Spyderman has moved onto new and deeper pistes in a white & powdery heaven. God Bless

Out of interest ... there is a techno wibble thing on these Head Supershapes that I have noticed ...
The Kers Chip.

I find it hard to imagine that putting an integrated circuit on each skis can be of any real value, and it must be snake oil.
That is unless you put a blue tooth transmitter and receiver in it .. so that you could use it to find the other ski in case you lost it in deep snow. Now that would be a good idea.

Remember you heard it here first.
latest report
Quote:

Out of interest ... there is a techno wibble thing on these Head Supershapes that I have noticed ...
The Kers Chip.

I find it hard to imagine that putting an integrated circuit on each skis can be of any real value, and it must be snake oil.
That is unless you put a blue tooth transmitter and receiver in it .. so that you could use it to find the other ski in case you lost it in deep snow. Now that would be a good idea.

Remember you heard it here first.

Agreed. the KERS chip is such a load of nonsense I'm amazed any of their sales reps / country agents have the nerves to mention it. I also think it destroys the credibilty of their employees and anyone else who mentions it during a ski review. It just makes them all look like complete muppets who haven't a clue about what they're talking about.
ski holidays
Hi @olderscot, so its no just me then?

I did see something about it on YouTube .. but I was not convinced.
They are great skis without the silicon wafer ..

Perhaps instead of buying new skis in the future ... you'll be just able to get a software update?
latest report
DrLawn wrote:
Perhaps instead of buying new skis in the future ... you'll be just able to get a software update?

Isn't that called lessons Very Happy
latest report
Ive been looking at getting a pair of 170cm Head magnums . But when i spoke to the guy at the ski shop about them, he told me to have a look at a pair of 170cm Head Vshape V6 . ive tried the magnums a couple of times and i do like them . Andy at Bennetts winter sports was raving about these Vshape V6 skis as a really good ski for advanced intermediate
Any advice on these skis would be appreciated
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy