Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best Aosta resort for little kids

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Morning,

To complement my post about ski schools, what's the best resort in Aosta for kids? Eg magic carpets, little bumps and jumps, things to do afterwards etc etc.

Champoluc seems to be well spoken of, but is it worth the extra hour driving over la Thuile?

Cheers
Al
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Champoluc is ok if the kids can ski..stay at a hotel with a pool though.. theres also santa canterina in italy which is very kid friendly
We are going to thuile in march,..i would not take my kids there though..
In january im going to stafal...there was plenty of stuff fir kids to do and a c4acking piste for them to practice on..theres even a great bar next to the kids play area
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Are u wanting the resort or are you saying you are staying in Aosta?

If in Aosta then there is only one sensible option - Pila as it is just so much less hassle.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've got no idea! I've screwed up by booking Geneva flights for the Paris holiday week, now scrabbling around trying to make the best of a bad job. I've never been to aosta but it's looking like we'll end up there somewhere.

Main choices seem to have narrowed down to la Thuile / pila for ski area and if pila then pila /aosta for accommodation. One kid, 5 years old, did a week of esf last year.

Puzzled
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@vfr4, If you are wanting Pila we use carole at Pilaski.co.uk as it is the same price as doing it your self and so easy. She has been in resort for about 20 years now so does know "everything"
Not the easiest to get from Geneva to Aosta as the tunnel costs a lot but if you have bought the flights then so be it. We used to drive from Geneva and it took 2.5hrs to get to Pila (Pila is 25mins up the hill by car)

Aosta is obviously so much bigger and as I guess you will have a car then you can get about and even do a day at a different resort (free in the individual resort pass). The Gondola is 20mins with a big carpark at the bottom, or you can drive up to Pila (no real advantage).

Pila has a huge/flat(ish) learning area that is high up so always good snow - this has a separate gondola up to it for people who are not up for ski lifts yet.

We enjoy it every year and keep thinking about going elsewhere, but why bother when we enjoy it here.

We go to Turin now and just get an inclusive transfer as it is easier, though it does mean we have to travel to Manchester, rather than Leeds which is more handy.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy