Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Multi country peage doofer offer.

Poster: A snowHead
APRR are doing a special offer for new customers only for their peage doofer that as well as covering France also includes Spain, Portugal and Italy. The offer includes waiving the usual 15€ start up fee, waiving the usual 10€ delivery fee outside of France and no management fees for the first 12 months for France only (normally they charge 1.70€ for each month you use it in France). I think the offer lasts until 21st August?

https://www.mango-mobilitesbyaprr.com/en/france-espagne-portugal-italie-0
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We've had one of these for a few years now, we only really use it in France and Italy, but an absolute godsend for avoiding the queues around Milan and Trieste.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Interesting, we have one that covers Spain and Portugal, but seperate to our France one, despite coming from the same supplier.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Got that one last winter with a similar offer. I would recommend, very handy to have it for France and Italy.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Alastair Pink, Am I correct in thinking it'd basically cost me nothing monthly after the first 12 months unless I use it abroad, then I only pay the monthly fee for the month(s) actually used?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
That’s how I understood it. Just ordered one
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@kitenski, yes, that's correct. Note I think you have to enter the special offer code at the payment stage to get the special offer.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hmm, get this message trying to add my UK bank details.

Your bank does not accept SEPA payments, mandate signature has been aborted.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@kitenski, I pay with a Euro debit card, but if you don't have that I think there are certain English debit and credit cards that don't charge a foreign currency fee and just use the bank exchange rate. Alternatively can you pay by IBAN bank transfer?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Alastair Pink, IBAN failed as well for Santander, then remembered I have a Revolut card which did work!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@kitenski, good news! Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just curious.
Coming from the Emerald Isle there’s rarely any driving to resort done as the extra bit of water adds too much hassle, but I’ll be driving from GVA into France a couple of times in the coming months.
I noticed this multi country offer and wondered if there was a reciprocal arrangement as we have a tourist style “pay as you go” doofer for Portugal.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Not 100% sure what you're asking but:

1. The Swiss don't use electronic tags, just the annual, vehicle specific vignette sticker you can pick up from petrol stations, etc.
2. If your current Portugese tag provider doesn't also cover France you might be better off switching to one that does.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
As I understand it the Italian system works on number plate recognition. So when I drive my own car down to Italy later in the month, I can use my "Bip and Go" tag, but last week, in a rental car, I had to use tickets and credit card.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mjit wrote:
Not 100% sure what you're asking but:
1. The Swiss don't use electronic tags, just the annual, vehicle specific vignette sticker you can pick up from petrol stations, etc.
2. If your current Portugese tag provider doesn't also cover France you might be better off switching to one that does.

Yeah, it was the second one, but @pamw's answer is what I need to know.

Thanks Happy
ski holidays
Certainly with the Fulli (ex-Mango) tag you can change the regitration via the phone app - though while the app updates instantly I don't know if it takes time to trickle down to the Italian toll gates or not.

...Which just reminded me to change mine back from the half term hire car to my own!
snow conditions
I've used my Mango/APRR tag in hire cars in Italy without changing the reg' number.

@pam w, Did yours not work or did you not try it?
latest report
@adithorp, our Top Europe one did not work on the way to Turin when we forgot to change campervan reg over to the Nissan, as you can only have one vehicle registered on the account. However, if ANPR is involved, surely you shouldn't actually need a badge? Did you check you'd been charged for the journey? Maybe someone else had registered the car ?
snow report
Yes, I was charged.
ski holidays
@adithorp, I didn't try it because @Hells Bells had told me it needed number plate recognition in Italy
ski holidays
pam w wrote:
As I understand it the Italian system works on number plate recognition. So when I drive my own car down to Italy later in the month, I can use my "Bip and Go" tag, but last week, in a rental car, I had to use tickets and credit card.

With bip&go you can change the registered car number online if you're using a different car, so should be able to switch to the rental car number, then switch back to your own car later

I've done it when I travelled down with some friends in their car so had no problem changing and changing back - I don't recall if there was a time limit before the change came into effect which may not help when picking up the rental
ski holidays
Thanks
snow conditions
I've also had Iralian toll stations not recognise my UK reg'/doofer combo and had to hand the doofer to the booth guy who typed the doofer number into his system, muttered something the account bring OK and the opened the gate. Unfortunately that was the last one I went through in Italy so didn't get to try it again.
ski holidays
I've also had Italian toll stations not recognise my UK reg'/doofer combo. It has worked ok previously. Had to hand the doofer to the booth guy who typed the doofer number into his system, muttered something about the account bring OK and the opened the gate. Unfortunately that was the last one I went through in Italy so didn't get to try it again.
snow report
I've had a doofer for many years through APRR/Mango/Fulli for use in France and it has always worked seamlessly. Last year I subscribed to the expanded offer with Italy included, but this time I needed to put in my reg number when setting it up.

Does anyone know if this reg number is ignored when using it in French tolls, so if I am using the doofer in my wife's or a friends car it will be OK without having to change it in the app?
snow conditions
I think it's ignored - but you can usually change it online via either the provider's website or phone app. and I've twice picked up a hire car in the UK before heading straight to the channel tunnel, updating the reg. while waiting to board the train and never had any issues hitting the first toll gate south of Calais.
snow conditions
Quote:

Does anyone know if this reg number is ignored when using it in French tolls, so if I am using the doofer in my wife's or a friends car it will be OK without having to change it in the app?

My guess is that it would be ignored, as I've used a doofer extensively in France in different cars and never input a reg number. But when I looked at the small print for changing the number in Italy it was demanding several days notice - can't remember the number, but not practicable for picking up a rental car.
snow conditions
@Whitters, French system doesn't use your reg. I've used mine in both my cars and several hire cars.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Whitters, yes it is ignored by French toll booths, as I forgot to change it over from the old car to the new one in January.
snow report
Thanks both
snow report
My Portuguese doodler is supposed to work in Spain and France. The one time we went to Spain in Dec, it didn’t work o the toll roads we wanted to use, so that was annoying. Didn’t get into France.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy