Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Doubling up on travel insurance

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Is there any issue in me purchasing two annual travel insurance policies?

My current annual policy through work covers pre-existing conditions (and by renewing means I will be I will be with same provider as I had when I booked our holidays before my shoulder impingement issues started). However that policy doesn’t cover end supplier failure, which I would like to get cover for.

I am looking to open the Nationwide flexplus account, who will either exclude my shoulder or cover it for an additional £99. However it would be cheaper to renew my work policy just for myself and open the flexplus account to get the rest of the family covered.

Is there anything I need to be aware off before taking this route?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@NickyJ, overall sounds like a good plan to me.

Only issue I can think of is in the event of a claim. Claim processes invariably include a question asking whether the claimant has any other insurance policy that might cover it.

If the answer is ‘yes’, as it could be in this case, then the two insurance providers would wrangle over which is going to pay, or how the cost of the claim might be shared between them.

So that could delay any payment while they negotiate. That alone wouldn’t deter me.

Snowsports insurance does seem to be getting more complicated.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:
then the two insurance providers would wrangle over which is going to pay

Just to provide my own experience of this - we had our hire car broken into in La Daille on our final day skiing, and all the kit we weren't wearing was stolen - surprising how much the replacement value of everything mounts up to!!

My travel insurance said they would only pay half the claim value, offering only £700 as I didn't have receipts for all the kit.

I then realised I had household contents cover up to £1000 - they sent out a loss adjuster to interview me and were happy to pay the £1k

So I replied to the travel insurance co. saying they only need to stump up £400 - both insurance co.s seemed happy with this and paid very promptly

Result.... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@geoffers, similar experience for us recently when our campervan was broken into on our way home. Covered by our house insurance , in this case it was up to £2500, so well within the limits. All done over the phone and settled within 2 weeks. Nationwide. We also have Nationwide Flexplus travel cover, but didn't use it on this occassion. I think limit was just £400, although excess was less.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
+1 for Flexiplus travel cover, when we had to have out daughter "recovered" during a ski lesson the insurance paid up without a fight, I was expecting an argument but they were very understanding.
Unfortunately she is now 19 so not covered on our account so need to sort some Ski cover.
I do pay the extra on the pass now so at least there's no extra stress if things go a bit pear shaped.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy