Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Piste office tuning kit - which one to buy

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
(Actually, I've already got the waxing gear, but am using the kits to work out what to buy for edge tuning.)

Does anyone have views on the benefits of buying the more edge guides and associated files and stones from the advanced kit versus the cheaper ones in the basic kit? The kits will get used for preparing skis for approx 3 weeks and a board for 1 or 2 weeks a year.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@sugarmoma666, choka at the moment but I can reply in full this evening.

You could always go old skool and phone me to discuss.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
spyderjon wrote:
@sugarmoma666, choka at the moment but I can reply in full this evening.

Anyone would think the season is about to start and we're all getting our gear ready. Happy
spyderjon wrote:
You could always go old skool and phone me to discuss.

I wondered about that, but then I thought it might be useful for others to hear the response as well. I might still call, but that's more difficult when I'm working and we have rubbish phone reception. (Am also embarrassed at how little of my lesson I remember.)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have the 100% same question. I done a tuning course with jon a few years ago and now its time to look after my own kit. I will also be phoning jon to order a resqski at some point.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
With the advance you get:

SM306# Skiman side angle edge guide - in either 89, 88 or 87 degrees rather than SPMINI8# Moonflex Minituner side guide in either 88 or 87 degrees - I do all my edges to 87 so subject to ease of use factors wouldn't make any odds to me

ROU38351 Skiman spring clamp for the side edge angle guide - guess you don't need one for the Moonflex guide - so no odds

316# Kunzmann Base edge angle guide - in either 0.5, 0.7 or 1 degrees - general advice is to never alter your base edge angle - which is what I do, so I wouldn't need it

3275 FK/SKS World Cup titum x-chrome file, 20 x 120mm, medium cut rather than 3200 Kunzmann 70mm medium file - not sure that makes any odds

THB010035P Moonflex Professional diamond file, 102 x 25mm, 600grit - both kits have a 200grit file but the advanced as a 600 also - personally I use only the file mentioned above and a 600grit - not sure what the 200grit gives you...

You get 200g of wax as opposed to 100 - so makes no odds
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@spyderjon, I should have said, though, that any advice you give on here will be greatly appreciated.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not had a chance to reply - lots of sales to attend to which is great - but the 5 sets of QK inserts that I needed to get done today had to be done this evening instead. I'll get back here tomorrow evening.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
For me the 200 grit is great for midweek sharpening prior to the 600. I only use a file if I really have to as it removes more edge. It’s often I can go 3 or 4 weeks just with the diamonds and no metal file. The 600 is too fine to do this alone.

Await the words of the oracle of course.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@endoman, yeah I'm interested in that too...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy