Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Club Alpine Francais Insurance to view in English to see your cover

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As has often been muted on here the likes of the Austrian Alpine Club as well as the French Club Alpine Francais (CAF) are often well worth considering if you require an annual policy to cover you in the mountains and elsewhere throughout the year and cover you if not with a guide etc

And even more so given the potential Brexit / EHIC issues.

You can also with the CAF purchase various extensions, such as Worldwide Cover and damage to Sports equipment.

Today I emailed the underwriters to the CAF asking if there was an English version as I only found out recently that there was one published last year.

Here's a link to it

https://stylealtitude.com/images/CAF_Insurance_Leaflet_2018_2019.pdf
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well done for getting that.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Weathercam, Is membership and insurance better than Carte Neige, (f'rinstance) you think?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@under a new name, I might have a better idea to the answer to that question by the weekend, as will be chatting to a few people as we're all discussing insurance options for the coming season.

Also @davidof, might have a better idea.

As much as people take the mickey out of the CAF they are a massive institution in France and their insurance package is one of the main reasons why people join.

I also have benefited hugely by discovering new ski touring routes with them, though the last two years I have hardly been out with them.

The price of the insurance and membership for the OH and I is €180 and if I ski tour and find new routes again then that is considerably cheaper than a guide!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Right guys n'gals I fecked up big time, the link above was for last season.

This is the correct link for 2019 - 2020

https://stylealtitude.com/images/CAF_Insurance_2019_2020.pdf

And there is some obscure verbage that I will confirm what it actually entails..

This cover will apply:
• in metropolitan France and DROM-COM and European Union countries (except Greenland), Andorra,
Monaco, Switzerland, the Vatican, Liechtenstein, San Marino, Norway (excluding Spitzbergen),
Iceland and Morocco,
• worldwide, on condition of subscription to the “Worldwide” extended cover and as per the provisions
set out in the contract.
Subscription to the “Worldwide” extended cover is at the discretion of the licensed FFCAM
member, on condition of subscription to the “Personal Insurance and Assistance” option.
Licensees whose country of residence* is outside the Europe zone** must subscribe to the Worldwide
extension and are covered when practicing an activity guaranteed under this contract as
follows:
› in their country of residence in individual practice or in practice supervised by the FFCAM;
› outside their country of residence only in practice supervised by the FFCAM.
* Country of residence: place of primary or usual residence of the beneficiary. It may be situated
either in the Europe zone or outside the Europe zone.
** Europe zone: European Union (excluding Greenland), France including DROM and COM,
Liechtenstein, Norway (except Spitzbergen), Iceland, Principalities of Monaco, Andorra, San Marino,
Switzerland, the Vatican and Morocco.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Weathercam wrote:
@under a new name, I might have a better idea to the answer to that question by the weekend, as will be chatting to a few people as we're all discussing insurance options for the coming season.

Also @davidof, might have a better idea.

I'm always amazed at the cover that is offered for the price.

Carte neige is more downhill / off piste ski oriented and CAF more mountaineering. If you ski on piste you need to check the CAF covers this, I didn't see it excluded.

However you are not covered for fights - so maybe not so good for some snowheads.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@davidof, You can add Mountaineering cover to Carte Neige too for €15.

Carte Neige seems to cover fights so long as you didn't start them.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rjs wrote:
@davidof, You can add Mountaineering cover to Carte Neige too for €15.

Carte Neige seems to cover fights so long as you didn't start them.

True and the CAF insurance too under the same terms.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy