Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The holy trinity of f***ed up feet

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Apparently I have them. Broad forefoot with narrow heels, high arch and inflexible ankles.

I have bought 2 pairs of boots in the past, both from Lockwoods. The first pair hurt, went back, saw Colin Martin, he made some adjustments and they were ok. Next pair, same story. So this time, Mrs DrE and I both needed new boots. Off we go to see Colin at SfF, she gets new boots but I get told that realistically my only hope is Daleboots.

I trust CEM’s advice, but wonder if anyone has recent experience of Daleboots in the UK?

PS foam rollering won’t work. I cannot and never have been able to dorsiflex my feet. Thus even if I can stretch my Achilles a bit, they’ll contract again.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Same problem here (snowboarder)
Hobbit feet. I bought custom liners for this season & injected them myself.
Fed up trying to trade off heal lift v outer foot pain.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
How fat and old are you?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dale boots are great, Colin sent me there as well 5 years ago and I’m still very happy with my boots.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@doctor_eeyore, foam rolling is a long term thing, not a do it till its better and then stop, needs to be a daily for ever type deal for those who want to get that extra flexibility

you are not trying to stretch tendon, that doesnt really happen very well, you are breaking down fascia to allow the calf muscles to travel in the pathways they move in more effectively, if there is bony blocking at the ankle then there will be no improvement but if not oesseous involvement there WILL be an improvement
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Square penguin feet here. Had correct size boot manipulated to an edge of its life. Only solution was 3 sizes too big, boots still fit correct around the ankle and foot width and plenty of room to wiggle toes.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
doctor_eeyore wrote:
Apparently I have them. Broad forefoot with narrow heels, high arch and inflexible ankles.

That describes my feet too! Always had to have boots expanded to make them wider, and had to buy oversize boots too. I've been fitted for 3 pairs of boots and probably hired on six or seven occasions too. Every time I've had to return them for adjustment, and sometimes it's been too late, and I've missed skiing days with blisters or shin problems. The best solution has been to tape up my feet with second-skin and blister pads. I'm an expert at that!

Maybe someday they'll 3D scan your foot and 3D print a custom boot?

I sympathize with you and wish you luck in finding a boot that fits.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I treat a lot of patients with ankle flexibility issues. Almost always it's tight calf muscles fixing the calcaneum up and back. They generally find night socks and wedges sort it out, over a month or two. Got into this following ruptured achilles and subsequent rehab reading. Good luck!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Plantar-Fasciitis-Compression-Achilles-Tendonitis/dp/B07VWJGR33/ref=mp_s_a_1_13?keywords=plantar+fasciitis+night+splints&qid=1572270374&sprefix=plantar+fasciitis+&sr=8-13&tag=amz07b-21

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PHYSIOWORX-Adjustable-Stretch-Hamstring-Fasciitis/dp/B01BOYWI5U/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=calf+stretch+board&psc=1&qid=1572270433&sprefix=Calf+stre&sr=8-3&tag=amz07b-21
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I also have issues. The bunion on my left foot has its own birthday and my ankles are stiff.
What’s the routine with the foam roller. Is it for the calves, or soles.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Whitegold wrote:
How fat and old are you?

Too old and too fat.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Night splints really work especially to get rid of the morning foot pain that comes with plantar fasciitis. But I wouldn’t buy one from amazon... made in China junk. This one really helped me when I had plantar fasciitis

https://nuovahealth.co.uk/product/plantar-fasciitis-night-splint/

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Thu 14-11-19 14:08; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
jbob wrote:
What’s the routine with the foam roller. Is it for the calves, or soles.

I suspect it's this, but maybe not and someone who knows what they are talking about will reply.

http://youtube.com/v/AmQuxR1W2sA
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy