Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowboarding Design Project

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, I am a snowboard mad Product Design student at Loughborough University and for my final year project I am looking to design a product for off-piste snowboarders.
If you are a snowboarder of any ability (doesn't matter if you have never been off-piste or are an expert) and are over 18 I would hugely appreciate if you could complete my survey.
Thank you and feel free to share around!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdQBQ6sc-YzM4XdyGp8QrbMHr7609pbQbJ3yrY7EN-m5gLc-Q/viewform?usp=sf_link
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@KatieJayne, question 10... the 3 options don't make sense ...check the wording at the end of each statement
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank you so much for pointing that out!!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Done. All the best people went to Loughborough Uni snowHead wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@porkpiefox, +1 Wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks so much guys!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I thought I was going ok but have trouble with:
Question 7 I can obviously ensure I will be rescued/ recovered in case of accident, I'd not be there otherwise.
Question 8: Seems that there's only one way to answer that one.
Question 9: These don't seem to be things of the same kind.
Not sure how to answer 10 or 20. 20 is mandatory so I picked one at random.

It feels like you have a specific "product" in mind, which is common in these things.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thank you for your question, in regard to question number 7, often when you’re off piste there is no guarantee that you will be rescued if you cannot be found or no one is aware you are in danger. With question 8, theoretically most people would want to ensure their safety however from a research perspective it is important to clarify this to the assessor. Question 9/10, They should all be different and not the same the idea is that in question nine you choose the most important question 10 you choose the least important in your opinion from the list given. With 20, it is more about your preferred method of feedback whilst riding for example if you often listen to music you might want not want auditory feedback but prefer haptic feedback instead. At this point in time I definitely don’t have a specific product in mind, This is a research phase, I am just looking to design a product to help with safety off piste. I hope this helps please do feel free to ask any further questions, thank you for taking the time
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Q21 - I went for personal drone to lift me from any avy, crevasse. cliff. Obviously it would also obviate the need for ski lifts and act as my personal heli.

You might want to clarify whether it is fields of reasonable/boring or fanciful/fun?

Other feedback is that it isn't particularly open ended and it clearly seems to be steering to one of 3 types of product. Yes I'd like to move around teh moutain more safely by knowing exactly what dangers there are in real time but I don't want another dolled up nav app even if it gives directions through bone conduction.

Also not sure why the questions are restricted to snowboarding as the market is universal for the sort of stuff you seem to be implying.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Also not sure why the questions are restricted to snowboarding as the market is universal for the sort of stuff you seem to be implying.

+1

And on the opposite direction:
Quote:

doesn't matter if you have never been off-piste or are an expert

Why do you need inputs from people who never been off-piste?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It’s as I would like to know why they have not been off-piste.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:
8. Would you feel safer snowboarding off-piste if you could ensure that you could have a way of surviving for longer in an avalanche or accident? *@

See
http://youtube.com/v/G0ZZJXw4MTA
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
... Obviously it would also obviate the need for ski lifts and act as my personal heli....
Nothing wrong with your own private heli of course, now you mention it wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy