Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best spot in London to choose Ski Gloves?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I want to go to a place or a few places that have a range of top ski gloves that I can try on:
Leki, Mamut, Marmot, Hestra.

I want to nip down to London tomorrow and choose some, where would anyone suggest?

You can usually get this sort of thing "On line" but I think its worth going along and getting the size right,
Plus I think our ski shops should be supported.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Southampton Street at Covent Garden has Cotswold Camping, Ellis Brigham, the North Face, Snowboard Asylum. Just round the corner in Maiden Lane is Field and Trek. No idea what brands they carry but 5 shops in spitting distance of each other
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There's quite a few shops round Strand/Covent Garden way. That's where I used to head in central London for outdoor/ski wear.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Rcav, they are the ones I've listed
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you want a fair few mainstream ski shops in central London all in the space of a couple of hundred yards then I would go to Kensington High Street. Boasts the usual suspects:S&R; Ellis Brigham; Columbia and even Decathlon if you get tired of the hype. There is also Altimus who are a rather eclectic independent that caters the the local needs for Bognor but has other brands if you really must.

I would go to Ski Bartlett but they are not really in London. Or there is Raijin sports near Fulham Broadway who stock Reusch but who sometimes have rather random opening hours so best to call first.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I appreciate that this does not answer directly what you’ve asked, but the Ski Exchange in Dry Drayton (not a million miles from you.....?) stock a decent range of Dakine and Hestra gloves and mitts, and possibly a few other brands.

..Nick
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks Skids,
Just the sort of answer I needed...
@big_ben I suppose I should nip over to Dry Drayton and support my local ski shop really.
I've had a couple of pairs of Hestras, one I wore completely out so that the fingers showed through ... probably for using the rope tow at Bassingbourn years ago.
I'm currently using some nice Hestras, but they are not very warm.
(I must have a pair of Hestra mitts somewhere but just cant find them, and I didnt like the colour anyway.)
I was treated to a very nice pair of Leki's last Christmas but I've left them behind in St Gervais Crying or Very sad

I really need a pair that have elastic attaching them to the sleeves like my mum knitted me Embarassed

I fancy the day out tomorrow .... I think its going to be Kensington ... now I know there is a Decathlon there Laughing
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You can buy the hestra handcuffs separately and attach them to most gloves now if they're not standard.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There, Kensington, a couple of weeks ago. Quite large shops as listed above with decent choice.

Altimus ( next door to Ellis Brig) heard us talking about Mammut clothing when we where standing outside on the pavement Laughing and ushered us inside. As mentioned above, quite an eclectic range, attentiveness and salesmanship set to reheat Laughing but polite too.

Also went to Covent Garden stores, think Ellis Brig there usually have the most extensive range there to look at in clothing and kit.

If you fancy a flyby of whole range of Arc'teryx kit they have a very large dedicated store near Picadilly Circus, just bus it along from Ken towards Picadilly and it's on the right near Fortnum and Mason.

It was a good day out looking at all the current offering of new kit.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If going to Covent Garden, Snow and Rock as well - just off Longacre.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Cheers guys ... Its going to be a day out for the misses as well, so I'll let you know how I get on.

I think I'll search for a thread now, on what's the favourite ski gloves.

Thanks!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ski3 wrote:
Altimus ( next door to Ellis Brig) heard us talking about Mammut clothing when we where standing outside on the pavement Laughing and ushered us inside. As mentioned above, quite an eclectic range, attentiveness and salesmanship set to reheat Laughing but polite too.

They certainly are keen on getting the sale but I have bought there before around Xmas time but had to return it swiftly after and they were ok to refund it.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Roguevfr wrote:
You can buy the hestra handcuffs separately and attach them to most gloves now if they're not standard.

Or you can sew some elastic on wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Bergmeister, i did that with mine after Scarpa and Mrs flangesax had to retrieve my gloves from under the lift half way up
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
holidayloverxx wrote:
Southampton Street at Covent Garden has Cotswold Camping, Ellis Brigham, the North Face, Snowboard Asylum. Just round the corner in Maiden Lane is Field and Trek. No idea what brands they carry but 5 shops in spitting distance of each other

That's where I would head. Snow and Rock give good discounts to various memberships too. RYA and British Cycling, from memory.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy