Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Planks ski jacket (versus Wedze)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
What is the Snowheads collective view on Planks gear? I've found a Planks jacket on sale at a reasonable price. The alternative is a Wedze (Decathlon) jacket with separate jacket liner. Any thoughts?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Decathlon is usually worth what you pay.

Planks kit leaves me very cold on the styling.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My eldest’ slays jacket was planks. Seemed to be really hard wearing (he’s grown out of it but it still looks great). No issues with getting cold either.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I own a planks jacket and I'm really happy with it. Previously I've owned a Spyder jacket, that I never really loved but was decent enough. Before that I had a Kjus jacket (which I got free) that was incredible. I'd suggest the particular planks jacket I have isn't as warm as the previous two but I kinda knew that from the description and it just means I throw on an extra layer in January.
I'd suggest checking the fit in a local store if you're able.
A friend of mine has a wedze jacket and it's ok, like most ski gear I guess it's wise to consider what time of year you'll wear it.
I hope whichever you go for works a treat.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I got 3 pairs of shell yeti pants
1 yeti jacket
1 good times jacket

I am a massive fan & happy to support what started as a small uk company Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'd go Planks, but mainly for the name.

Not that I'm shallow.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My lad and his fiancé are kitted out in planks stuff and really rate it. Looks pretty decent as well. Don’t some of the ski schools in Val use it as well? I’m too old for it ....
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Planks quality waaaay above Wedze. As for the styling I'm with @under a new name, doesn't really suit me for jackets and pants, but I have a couple of base layers and the lightweight gloves are excellent.

@endoman, TDC have all Planks kit this year and the feedback thus far is very positive.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
why did they stop making goggles? used to be good and well priced. I'm about to buy a yeti hunter shell
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
mk28 wrote:
why did they stop making goggles? used to be good and well priced. I'm about to buy a yeti hunter shell

check tkmaxx... I bought my yeti hunter shell bibs for 69 quid and they had jackets too
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Been wearing Armada for years, but pulled the trigger on a Planks jacket on sale a month ago, and tried it out in Val D. Great quality and plenty warm - Prefer it to the Armada jacket (similar priced), and enough pockets to leave the backpack at home most days. Strong recommendation from me!

The fit may not be for everyone:-)

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Wed 18-12-19 12:51; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Gustavobs, thanks will do
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
How close is planks in quality to your top brands arc'teryx norrona etc?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I would say something around Helly Hansen quality. Fabric on mine is a little “stiff”, but soft on the inside of the jacket. When i buy stuff, i usually use it for 3 seasons.

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Wed 18-12-19 23:55; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Sounds a good product at a respectable price point, will keep a eye on them.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy